AV Chapter 19: Endless Possibilities

She awoke. 

No longer possessed, she finally awoke to the real world. 

She was laying down on a lush field of grass beneath a clear evening sky, no longer encased in a Reality Marble. 

???: Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the Reality Marble, right? Walked right into that Inquisitorial ambush.

There was a voice calling to her in a laid-back fashion. She abruptly turned to see the godlike young man waving at her with a cheerful grin.

(Y/N): What ho, lass!

She could barely believe it. Even after that final attack, which should have ended anything in existence, he emerged completely unscathed.

In fact, something told her that he had emerged out of the ordeal even stronger than before.

Who was he? What was he? 

(Y/N): Sheesh, no need to be so alert. Relax, chica, you're not getting sent to the Shadow Realm today.

She obeyed the request and slowly allowed herself to relax. If he wished her harm, then he would have done so already. 

Additionally, his current state of being filled her with a sense of tranquility, as if someone she could rely on had come to her aid. 

Why was that? Could it be because he had somehow shifted into another form?

(Y/N): Yooooohoooo~! Ground Control to Major Dumbass! 

He was crouching right in front of her, waving a hand in front of her face. A startled squeak came out of her mouth, to which he laughed at before inspecting her closely.

(Y/N): I was kinda surprised that Saberface was possessing you... Wait, you're also a Saberface! Did an Assassin try to kill you?

She said nothing in response, both out of confusion and, if she were honest, embarrassment. Such a thing had indeed happened, even if it was indirectly.

(Y/N): So! You're probably wondering: "The fuck am I doing here? The hell did I drink last night? Why is he so damn hot and awesome? Did I leave the stove on?"

???: ...

(Y/N): ...Okay, not necessarily in that order, but-

???: I'm, um, aware of the situation... Foreigner.

She finally found her voice and spoke. She had been spectating the entire conflict from beginning to end, after all. 

(Y/N): Oh... Oh, good! Saves us a lot of time. You've just taken the wheel after being in the backseat for a lot of time, haven't you? At least tell me you annoyed Ruler while doing it.

She shook her head, causing him to huff in a childish bout of annoyance. Almost instantly, the calm, laid-back tone returned.

(Y/N): Ah, well. You seem like a nice enough lass. Let's get you home, yeah?

She was still extremely worried. Now that he had eliminated all opposition, what would his next move be, and how would it affect the world?

Despite herself, she involuntarily opened her mouth and asked the question.

???: ...Tell me. What is it that you plan on doing, now that you have won?

(Y/N): What I always do: End the journey with a bang and start the next one. Luckily, I'm satisfied enough not to make the bang literal, if you know what I mean.

He wasn't lying. Relief washed over her, as this confirmed that he would simply leave the world unscathed in his wake.

Another question plagued her mind. Once again, she asked before thinking about it.