I'm back - 19 | corruption

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Summer sounded hesitant on the phone, "Seriously Annalise, a party? It's Tuesday!"

Summer was the girl that Daphne and I befriended last Sunday. I found out that she would be attending Cheshire high and made it my mission to make her feel welcome- something I didn't feel much of on my first day.

I set my phone down on my bed and hit the speaker button, "Yes! I've heard it's going to be huge, and you'll meet a lot of Cheshire kids there." I spoke into the phone convincingly.

I knew that she was very worried about that. So far Daphne and I and the guys are the only people she had met so far, the kids at school aren't always the nicest.

"I don't know Lise, I'm the new girl and I've never even been to a party before. I just don't think it's a good idea."

I sighed, "We don't have to go if you don't want to, but, there's never going to be the perfect time to start something new. And I think this party is the perfect way for you to meet people." I reasoned.

She paused and it was silent before she groaned, "Alright, fine. I'll do it."

"Yes!" I pumped the air, I would make sure that this wasn't a decision she regretted. "Daph and I will pick you up at eight, and then we'll head over." She muttered a quick okay and we hung up.

This party was going to be a girls-only hangout, I didn't even tell the guys about it. Usually Ryan was on top of this kind of thing, but none of them had mentioned it in the past few days.

I glanced at the clock and it said seven as I flopped on my bed and texted Daphne, "Code pink, the covert mission of girls night is a go!"

It wasn't a minute later that I got a response, "Fuck yeah! Let's do this," Daphne retorted.

I had the sudden urge to roll my eyes at her response, "I know. Party starts at seven, I'll pick you and Summer up at eight. Who's DD?"

I set my phone back down on my bed as I got up and started towards my closet. I hadn't picked an outfit for tonight as I wasn't sure if Summer wanted to go or not.

I heard a ding, but I ignored it.

Then there was another one, and then another.

Begrudgingly, I went back over to my phone to see three different messages from Daphne. First, "Not me!" Then, "Absolutely not, Annalise!" And finally, "Fine, I will do it. But only because who knows what Summer is going to do at her first party."

I chuckled as I tossed my phone back on my bed, I guess I would leave my car at Daphne's. Hopefully we could crash at her house tonight.

I returned to my closet, pulling down a transparent dress adorned with gold hearts, very cute. I wore a white singlet under it and paired it with a pair of white Dr. Martens and some gold jewelry.

 Martens and some gold jewelry