I'm back - 09 | drinking our problems

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I felt myself stir as I heard voices, "She's been asleep practically all day," I heard Daphne say with a twinge of audible sadness on her tongue.

"Did she tell you what happened?" I recognized that voice, Aiden.

"No, she just said it was something with your dad."

Aiden sighed, "I should have stayed. I went to Ryan's right after school," I didn't want him to feel guilty anymore nor did I want to eavesdrop, so I opened my eyes. "Annalise?"

I stared between them as Daphne sat next to me, "How do you feel?"

I blinked a few more times, still trying to wake up. I sat up, "Better." Sleep definitely helped, although it did nothing to ease the anger I felt towards my father right now.

Aiden sat down on the other side of me, "Lise, what happened?" He had concern written all over his face making me feel even more guilty for running off like that.

I frowned, remembering the whole thing. I looked away, not being able to face him. "Dad. That's what happened. He chewed me out for defending myself and then somehow blamed mom. He said she messed up on parenting, Aiden!" I wiped a stray tear from my face.

Aiden's features were hard but I could read my twin like a book and I could tell he was pissed.

I didn't even know what to say, nothing I did would make him- or me- feel better. Luckily, Daphne spoke up. "Well, you can stay here as long as you need." Aiden pulled out his phone and Daphne slapped his hand, "Get off!" She hissed.

He surrendered his hands, dropping his phone. "I was just going to tell Ryan that I couldn't make it to the party tonight." This perked my attention.

"Party?" My voice was barely above a whisper. Both Aiden and Daphne's heads whipped to look at me. I managed to crack a smile, "Can I come?" I asked, quietly again.

Aiden looked at me as if I was crazy but Daphne had an evil glint in her eye, "We should both go."

Aiden shook his head, "What, no-"

I cut him off, "I want to go, it'll help take my mind off of things." He growled but nodded. I dangled my feet over the edge of her bed. "This will be fun," I assured them, though Aiden seemed hesitant.

"It's a back-to-school party, hence why it's on a Monday." He said with a forced chuckle. I looked between the both of them, practically the angel and devil on my shoulders. They both seemed to look for me for confirmation like they were walking on eggshells waiting for me to fall apart again. I nodded meekly before standing up.

I glanced at the clock, "It's seven o'clock! I've been out all day?" I turned my gaze back to Daphne who just nodded, "Wow, I guess I really needed the sleep." Though I didn't feel anything but tired. No matter how much sleep I get, the emotional baggage I carry ensures I'm exhausted.

"What time is the party, Aiden?" Daphne asked, pulling out her phone.

"It started an hour ago but it's going until two, so we can go whenever." He said with a shrug. "I'll go and pick up Ryan and Zach and we will meet here." Daphne gives him a thumbs up confirming the plans and Aiden walks out.

Daphne sits down on her bed, hugging Mr. Fuzz. "Annalise, are you sure you're up for this? We don't have to go, we can always stay in and have a fun girls' night." Daphne suggests.