I'm back - 20 | special timez

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I held my hand in between my fingers as it throbbed, it felt as if somebody was knocking on my brain like a door. I let out a groan, "Why did I do this to myself?" I grumbled.

I can only remember about half of last night, I had a lot to drink and I am missing a few hours. Aside from that- and what I can remember- it was a great night! I bonded a lot with Daphne and Summer, even getting in some fun time with Rachel from school as well.

Suddenly a hand slammed down onto my desk beside my head, "Wake up!" I shot upright in surprise, rubbing my eyes as they adjusted to the light.

"Claire?"

Sure enough, she stood in front of me with her hands on her hips. I gave her a confused look, she seemed catty today though innocent enough. But that was before she dropped the act. "Sorry, did I wake you?" There it is, "I just wanted to tell you something important."

I rolled my eyes, "What is it?" I was not fond of this exchange.

She smirked, "I know it doesn't seem like it, but Zach is mine." I choked on some spit, it took everything in me to not scoff loudly in her face. "Lately I have been super busy with spring cheerleading, but now that it's over I have all the time in the world for him. So back off!" I half thought she would scratch me with her almond-shaped cat claws.

I raised a brow at her, my feelings unmoved. "I don't know what gave you that impression," I glanced over at the clock, noticing that class was almost over. "But whatever, he's all yours." I held my arms up in surrender.

As I gathered my things she got right in my face, "Oh come on Annalise, don't give me that bullshit," she snorted in disbelief. I bit my lip to keep from releasing my emotions and how I truly felt. "I'm not blind, I've seen the way he looks at you. Just stay away from him, he's mine." She scowled at me before walking back towards her desk.

I stared after her as the bell started to ring.

I wasn't in any position to argue with her. For starters, Zach isn't mine. I can't tell him who he can and can't be with, though I know I will feel betrayed if he does get with Claire.

I grabbed the rest of my things and started towards the cafeteria for lunch. I walked down the hall half hungover, and half in that daze of thought that Claire left lingering in me. "Hey, Lise!" I heard my name. I turned around to see Ryan running towards me.

I shook my head slightly, "Too loud, Ryan."

He burst out laughing, "Yeah, I heard about you girls' partying extravaganza!" I squeezed my eyes shut as my brain rattled due to his volume.

"If we're going to walk together, you're going to have to lower the volume to about thirty." I made the motion with my hands. He rolled his eyes at me, but nodded, complying with my demand.

When we walked into the lunchroom most of our group was already seated at the normal table. I breathed a sigh of relief when I took my seat next to an equally tired Daphne. "What's wrong with you?" Ryan asks, pointing straight at Daphne.

She growled at him, yes, growled. "I was up way too late, I didn't have a single drink, and I drove their drunk asses home at two in the morning." She pointed accusingly at Summer and I before taking a swig of what I assumed was another coffee.

I was so tired I felt like I couldn't distinguish reality and thought anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut as another headache started to form. I don't know how long I sat like that, but I involuntarily gasped when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Annalise?" I opened my eyes to see Zach sitting next to me, "You okay?"