I'm back - 26 | disaster child

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝚃𝚆 || 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 "•" 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕, 𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘 𝚜𝚢𝚍

It's been two days since dad called off his wedding with Meredith. We haven't heard from her, or Carmen, and dad hasn't left the house since. "When do you think he'll get it together? It's been two days, and she was a rebound!" Summer asked, glancing over at my door. 

There was a huge thunderstorm coming, so I'd invited Summer over to watch horror movies all day- there wasn't much else we could do. I watched a bolt of lightning strike out the window before I shrugged, "I don't know. He really seemed to care about her, all the way until the end."

It was true, for some odd, unfathomable reason, my father cared for Meredith Brantem and her horrible daughter. He wanted them in his life and he had been willing to sacrifice so much for it. Money for the unnecessarily extravagant wedding Meredith had wanted, his relationship with his biological children, and his compassion. 

Because deep down, I knew that this had started out as a way to get back at me and my mom. Though it seemed to have blossomed into something more, it didn't start that way.

Summer rolled her eyes, she disliked them just as much as I did. "Anyway, so I was thinking that today we could-" but she didn't get to finish her sentence as she was cut off by a yell. "What was that?" I shrugged and we both listened, waiting to hear if it would happen again.

"Annalise!" It was my dad. "Can you come down here?" He yells again. 

I furrowed my brows, couldn't it wait until later when Summer wasn't here? "Why-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as he again, interrupted me. I've noticed over the years that he has a tendency to do that when he's upset with you, he's angry and he has too much to say, he won't stop and take a breath.

I could hear the agitation in his voice as he yelled once again, "Just get down here, now!" 

I felt guilty leaving her, but I didn't want my dad to explode. So I sighed and popped my head in, "I'm sorry, just hold on a second." I mentally cringed as I made my way downstairs, trying to prepare myself for whatever was to come.

I didn't know what to expect, I've never seen my dad in this kind of state. I had left with my mother two years ago, unknowingly leaving Aiden to deal with this mess. "Annalise Marie!" I heard him yell again.

I groaned quietly, "Coming dad!" I called back, reaching the bottom of the stairs. I could see him sitting on the couch, a beer in his hand. "Yes?" I walked closer, and as I did more and more cans came into view. They were stacked around him, it was like he hadn't left the couch for days.

He didn't even turn to look at me, "Why is it that every time I call you downstairs you have some sort of attitude? It's like you take it everywhere with you like a purse." 

I took a deep breath. Stand your ground, Annalise, but don't cause a fight. I reminded myself, I don't want another situation like last time. "I don't know dad, I guess we're a package deal," I responded to his mean-spirited comment. "What do you need?" I finally asked, a little more annoyance was evident in my tone than planned.