I'm back - 33 | new york, new york

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I watched the guys grow smaller and smaller as we drove off down the street. I sat in the passenger seat, Summer was slumped in the back, sleeping already, and Daphne was driving. Surprisingly, she volunteered.

We still had another hour until we'd make it to the airport, and another two before our flight.

I thought back to this morning, Zach had basically pounced on me. I didn't rely on Zach or Aiden for that matter, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to miss them while I was gone for a week.

"Get off me you oaf." I huffed.

I remembered how he grumbled, "Hurtful," but he complied and got off of me anyways.

I glanced at the clock, remembering that I leave today. It read seven am and our flight was at eleven, so we had more than enough time. New York City. I've always wanted to go and live out my pop star dreams! Eight-year-old me would be shrieking right now if she knew I got to go to New York City with my best friends.

Zach climbed off of me and I dramatically took in gulps of air. He rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, I don't weigh that much, Princess." He teased, using my nickname. The nickname I knew that I was ultimately going to miss.

I grabbed his arm, "Zach, you are quite literally, made of muscle."

He chuckled, using the arm in my hand to twist around my waist and scoop me up. He pressed me against him, hugging me tightly. "I'm going to miss you, Lise. Why did you have to go and win that scavenger hunt?" He questioned, his voice muffled as his face was in the crook of my neck.

I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tighter. He had no idea how much I was truly going to miss him, miss all of them. My brother even. I haven't left since I moved back, not even for a weekend. So it's strange going on vacation, I don't know if I was ready for it.

"I love you," I whispered in his ear.

My words only caused him to tighten his grip, "I love you too, princess."

Then I had gotten up, I had complied, and gotten dress on time. I was the first one ready, and when I asked Ryan where Daphne and Summer were, he groaned and said, "They are on their way now." He seemed a little mad still that they lost the scavenger hunt and the trip.

While I waited for the girls I had done a triple check of my bag, making sure I didn't forget anything. But I was yanked out of my thoughts as strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into a hard chest. Zach.

He was just making this harder and harder on me.

I turned around in his arms, stood on the tips of my toes and pressed my lips to his for a quick peck. "I have to go soon," I had told him. Summer and Daphne had just pulled up in Bolt. He pouted and I gave him another quick kiss before helping me carry my bag to the car.

"Bye Zach," I whispered quietly to myself as we turned off of my street.

I looked out of the taxi window, "Oh my gosh," I yelled pointing, "I can see the downtown buildings from here!" We had landed only forty-five minutes earlier and had lucked out on getting a cab so early, now we were on our way to the hotel.

"Only ten more minutes until the hotel," Daphne reminded us as I started checking my bags, making sure that any snacks or magazines were organized inside. After a few more minutes the car came to a stop and Daphne got out and started walking inside, I decided to go with her.