I'm back - 35 | karaoke queen

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I sit on the stoop that Carrie Bradshaw sat, walked, and cried on oh so many times in Sex and the City. Summer motions with her arm, "Move to the left a bit, Annalise." She calls, snapping another picture.

"Guys," Daphne whines.

I do what she says and hike my left knee up and leave the right one down, I rest one hand on my knee and the other on my face as I give one of those carefree looks. Summer nods, "Stylin', give me another one!" She yells from behind the phone.

I let one leg fall farther to the step below and rest my hands between my legs, Summer continues to snap away. After a bit, we had gotten some good pictures of each other and we start to walk away, "Oh my gosh!" I hear Daphne squeal.

I look over at her in confusion, "What is it, Daph?" She had wanted to leave the entire time, in fact, Daphne doesn't even have any social media to post pictures on. She thought it was a waste of time and memory card space, but I do it for the memories.

She points to the building next door to the stoop, and upon reading the sign I realize it's a karaoke bar. "We have to go in there, I love karaoke!" She yelled excitedly, grabbing both me and Summer and dragging us inside.

I hope she didn't expect me to sing?... I've only been able to do it when drunk lately, and even before my mom passed I still had major stage fright.

We went in and a hostess sat us at a table while two girls sang a song, one of them even jumped onto the table of a good-looking guy, she seemed to know him. While she sang we ordered drinks, acting as if we hadn't just had an expensive lunch at Nobu.

Daphne stood up, elbowing me in the side in the process, "This is your chance, Lise, you have to do it! We're in New York City, it would be so easy to get scouted." I stared at her in disbelief. So easy, definitely not the words I would use to describe it.

"What chance? To throw up like Aubrey from Pitch Perfect?" I snorted, crossing my arms over my chest. "I bet that's what would happen if I did try and perform, I have major stagefright y'know."

Summer snorted and Daphne rolled her eyes, both of them thought I was being stupid. "I know you have stage fright, but I also know you love to sing. And if you ever hope to do it in the future you have to get over your fears! This is the perfect place to do it, you're on vacation, you'll never see any of these people again," she reasoned with me.

Summer glanced between us, eventually siding with Daphne. "Honestly Lise, she has a point." I know that she has a point, but that doesn't stop my heart from pounding or the shake in my legs. If I stood up I was afraid I would collapse, or worse faint.

I shook my head, "I can't do it-"

Summer cut me off, "Don't say that, because I know that you can." She argued with me, and in a way, she was right. "Just keep looking at us and imagine everyone else naked. We're here to love and support you, but we wouldn't be doing a good job if we didn't push you."

I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. "Stupid loving friends always looking out for me." My annoyance sent them both into a fit of laughter, "I don't even know what I would sing!"

Daphne smirked, "How about an original?" She knew that I wrote songs, and I even had melodies for them as well. It wouldn't be hard to broadcast an original Annalise Stark song here. I bit my lip, thinking it over. It couldn't go that badly, and it would be a way to get even just one of my songs out there. "I can see you contemplating it," Daphne said with a winning smile.