I'm back - 36 | record & relish

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Daphne, Summer, and I giggled as I flung a noodle at Summer's head. We'd almost broken out in a food fight several times already, "Did you tell the guys the good news yet?" Daphne asked, dodging her noodle.

I gasped, shaking my head. "I completely forgot, let's call them now." I walked back into my room and grabbed my phone, I have a text from Zach asking how my day was, but I can just answer him on the call. I clicked his number and the phone rang only twice before he picked up. 

"Hey Princess, how's New York?" He asked with a chuckle. I missed that chuckle, I missed him. But I was in New York City for goodness sakes, and I had just gotten scouted- the only thing that could make this trip better is him.

I chuckled, "Better than you could ever believe!" In the background Summer and Daphne were agreeing with me, smirking. 

I could tell that they were pleased it was finally them who knew something that Zach didn't, and not the other way around. He's my boyfriend and that consequently makes him one of my best friends as well.

"Why? What happened?" Summer took advantage of this time and lobbed a giant fistful of noodles at Daphne's face. I quickly walked out of the kitchen, trying to avoid the battle that was about to take place. "Tell me everything," he said casually. 

"My day? Well, It was great! We saw Livia Baskiss at Nobu when we were having lunch, she gave each of us an autograph, it was so cool," I gushed, remembering everything about today.

He smiled, knowing that she was my favorite artist ever. 

I bit my lip, I wasn't going to be able to keep this to myself for much longer. "Something else happened today, too." I wanted to sound vague so that he wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about.

"What is it?" I couldn't tell if he was just confused, or a bit worried.

I didn't want that, so I hurried up to tell him. "After lunch at Nobu we passed a karaoke bar, Summer and Daphne wanted to go inside so we did." I paused, letting him process the first part. "Daphne basically forced me onstage to sing, it was hard but I did it."

I could tell Zach was smiling proudly on the other end, "That's great, Princess!" He knew a little bit of how bad it had gotten after my mom passed. "What did you sing?"

I smirked to myself, "An original song. And it paid off too because I got scouted!" I announced the news. There was silence on the other end of the line, "Zach?"

"Like scouted, scouted?"

I nodded, again, to myself. "Yep!" I popped the p, "I am getting a record deal," I cheered.

I could just imagine him shaking his head as he laughed, "We leave you girls alone for twenty-four hours and you meet a celebrity, get scouted, and get offered a record deal." He stated the obvious, and when you put it that way I guess we did have a lot of good luck. "I'm so proud of you, Annalise. I love you," he practically whispered.

I giggled, "I love you too."

We continue chatting about various parts of our days. I told him how good the food at Nobu had been and he told me about the COD tournament that he, Aiden, and Ryan had that afternoon. "Man I wish that we could've come with," he whined.

I rolled my eyes, "We won fair and square, Zachary Clay." I used his first and middle name for effect, "Besides if you guys had won, there's no way in hell that you would've let us girls come along with you." I argued.