I'm back - 04 | funland

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Today I slept in late because I deserved it. It was my reward.

Last night sucked. The only good thing being that I finally told off Aunt Fiona, she wasn't too happy about that. But I was, and so was Grandma Norah.

I walked out of my room as I scratched my head, last night really was one of the longest nights of my life. The only thing beating it was mom's repast, that was the worst.

People don't tell you how bad it is.

Sure the funeral is beautiful and bitter in a way, but the week after is the hardest week of your life. I remember waking up thinking it was all some sick, twisted nightmare concocted by my anxiety. But my reality was shattered when I realized I wasn't even in my own house anymore.

I was expecting to find my dad cooking in the kitchen, something he always used to do before we moved. But I was surprised to find it empty. There was a plate at the table like someone had eaten there, but nothing else to indicate that anyone else was awake.

I opened the fridge, searching for something tasty for breakfast when I heard a rustle behind me. I listened intently but heard nothing else. I yawned, closing the fridge, hoping something would magically appear if I opened it again in a moment.

"What? No good morning for us?" Ryan smirked, motioning to himself and Zach who was now sitting at my kitchen table.

I clutched my heart, "Where the fuck did you come from?" I eyed them both. They both laughed before pointing upstairs, "How long have you been here?"

Zach shrugged, "Long enough." Had they seen part of the party last night?.. I didn't dare ask.

I opened the fridge again, but sadly nothing new or tasty appeared. "Well, good morning I guess?.." I glanced at them before making my way back upstairs, unsuccessful in the food department.

I was too tired to shower last night, and can you really blame me? I went about doing my entire routine, giving myself extra care after the night I'd had.

When I got out of the shower I scrunched my hair tightly in a towel, soaking off the wetness so It wouldn't drip on my carpet. Today I was going to do something worthwhile, I just didn't know what that thing was yet.

I wrapped another towel around my body and exited my bathroom and into my bedroom.

While I toweled off my body I managed a glance at my phone. I saw that I had a text from Zara. We'd been texting back and forth since I'd gotten home a few days ago, it has been hard but her support has definitely made a difference.

Z: "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭? 𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬!" I smiled at my phone, oh how I miss Zara, I sent a quick text back telling her I'd call her tonight and tell her everything. I knew she wasn't going to text back because she was asleep right now with the time difference.

I put down my phone and walked to my closet, in honor of spring time I chose a cropped green floral top and some denim shorts. A safe, cute outfit for the day.

 A safe, cute outfit for the day