I'm back - 30 | high stakes

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

"No, I'm not doing that!" The tv character yells, holding his sword out at his opponent. I was currently waiting for the Prince and the Knight to battle it out over the Princess' honor. I have no idea what this show is, or how I found it, but it's very entertaining- I can't stop watching it!

Suddenly Aiden's head pops in front of the tv, "Annalise!" He whines loudly, "I'm bored."

I groan, shoving him out of the way. "Hi bored, I'm Annalise, and I'm busy." I try to rewind the episode before realizing that it isn't recorded. I frown, "Now look what you've done, I missed some of the duel!" I complain, pausing the tv show.

Aiden smiles triumphantly, "Let's go do something," he said, slumping down on the couch next to me. introducing my brother, everybody.

Now that I've missed the show, I don't feel that nagging to watch it. So I switch it off, giving in to my brother's childish games. "We could go to the movies?" I suggest, but he just shakes his head. "What about the beach?" This time he makes a face, I sighed in frustration. "What about a scavenger hunt?" This causes him to perk up.

"A scavenger hunt?" I nod, they were his favorite as a child. "That's not a half-bad idea, sis." 

I roll my eyes at his idea of a compliment before an idea of my own came to mind. "But we should raise the stakes."

"How?"

I smirked, "Based on the way that dad is treating both of us, I don't think we're going to be taking that New York trip in a few weeks. But, we have three tickets, that's enough for either me and the girls to go, or you and the guys." I wanted to go to New York badly, that's where anyone successful starts their career. 

Aiden nodded, "Yeah.. School ends in what, eight days? The trip was supposed to be the first week of summer. That's a great idea, we can commemorate summer with a high-stakes scavenger hunt!"

"We'll make lists, girls against guys." Aiden agrees, "I'll make yours and you make mine."

We sent out vague, mysterious texts to all of our friends before getting to work on the lists of challenges. I had a few good ones in mind. I was going to make one of them wear their underwear outside their pants, do a full face of makeup using only testers, and ask a tourist where the midsummer's eve festival is. Bonus points if they reply with, 'How else do you appease the gods?'

I had a creative mind, and I was going to make these boys work for the win.

Pretty soon I had a long, long list of crazy dares and challenges that the boys would have to do for the scavenger hunt, and I'm sure that Aiden had one that was equally long. 

All of our friends were sitting patiently in the living room when we walked out, "I bet you're wondering why we called you here today," Aiden was trying to be mysterious, but it wasn't really working to his advantage.

I cleared my throat, "We've decided that in honor of school ending in approximately eight days, we've created a scavenger hunt to commemorate it." 

"And I bet you're wondering what you get out of it-" 

I facepalmed before interrupting his bad impression, "The winning team of the scavenger hunt gets an all-expenses-paid trip to New York, New York!" They all looked around at each other in confusion before it clicked, each and every one of them knew of our trip.

But that was before dad and I's big fight...

"There are two teams: girls and guys. I created the guy's list, and Aiden created ours." I handed Aiden his list and he handed me mine, "The objective of the game is to do as many of them as you can before time runs out. Whoever has the most at the end, wins the trip."