I'm back - 14 | the cheer up committee

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

It's been four days since dad and Meredith announced their engagement. And even more suspiciously, Meredith is rushing the wedding. "So let me get this straight?" Daphne sat up from her bed. "Meredith invited you to go with her and Carmen to her dress fitting and to get a dress for the engagement party, already?"

I nodded, confirming her thoughts. "Isn't it weird? Brides usually take almost a year to plan the wedding. Meredith is trying to rush and have a big ceremony in May. She wants us to go this Sunday to try them on."

I don't know how they knew, but all of my friends knew I was down in the dumps. So we had found ourselves invited to a huge party tonight thrown by Nathan Huller, another one of Cheshire High's favorite partier's. They thought it might cheer me up, it's worth a shot.

"Well, are you going to go?"

I shrugged, "I have to. Dad's making me, he wants us to all get closer." I shoved a pillow on top of my face, groaning loudly. "Thanks, Daph, for being there for me these past few days. I know I wasn't the easiest person to be around." I said, putting the pillow behind my head for support.

She snorted, "Nonsense. I will always be here for you no matter what," she got up from painting her toenails. "I know what you're going through is painful, and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like. But you're not a hard person to be around, everyone else is just careless."

I got up too, wrapping my arms around her in a hug. "Whatever it is, thank you."

When we released each other she winked at me. "That's exactly why I'm on the cheer Annalise up committee and got us the invites to this crazy rager!" I hadn't been to a decent party where I actually had a good time in ... months. The one we went to a few weeks ago and was horrible! Hopefully, this time will be better.

"So, what time is this so-called-rager?" I had been to a decent amount of parties in my high school career, and only two of them ever passed the quota to be called ragers.

Daphne snorted, "It starts in an hour," before she can get any words in edgewise I hear loud footsteps. "What's going on in here?" Zach chuckles from the doorway.

I shake my head, "Nothing, but.. can I talk to you for a second?" He nodded and I got up off Daphne's bed, following him out into the hallway. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and leaned against his chest. "Thank you for being there for me this week, I was a hot mess."

He returned the gesture, wrapping his arms around me tighter. "You were not a hot mess," I looked up at him with a raised brow. "Alright, you were kind of a hot mess."

I nodded, chuckling at him. "I know I was, and I'm going to try to be more put together." I admitted to him, "It's just been hard lately with-"

He interrupted me, holding up one hand in surrender. "No need to rush, Annalise. No one is asking you to be okay overnight. I understand what you're going through, and so does everyone else. Take your time, get better the right way."

I knew what he meant. Mourn her and heal with time. It's the basic healing package when it comes to heartbreak. "I know," I bit my lip, though the process didn't sound appealing one bit. "Come on, I have to go get ready."

He looked confused and pointed at himself jokingly. "You want me to come with?" I nodded and laughed before following me back towards Daphne's bedroom.

I noticed that the door was cracked open and when I pushed it further I could see Daphne and Ryan making out in the middle of her bed, it seemed kind of heated. I gasped quietly and turned around quickly, blocking the door. "Actually, now that I think about it I have plenty of time to get ready, let's go and get a snack!" I said, interlacing my hand in Zach's as I tried to pull him away.