I'm back - 29 | attitude

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕

"Hurry up, Lise!" Daphne hissed.

I was in a foul mood.

The day started off great, Zach and I had stayed at the beach all morning, it was glorious. But the second I got to school things started to go downhill. For starters, we were almost late. Then, the moment I stepped through the doors I was reprimanded- by someone very low on the food chain- for my choice of clothing. And lastly, I left all of my school supplies at home.

So now I'm wearing one of Zach's football hoodies because my shirt was 'too revealing.' I'm sorry that a sliver of my stomach was showing?.. Cheshire may be lax on the dress code, but they're not that lax. Especially not with the girls, it's annoying but there's not much I can do about it and I'd rather not spend my afternoon writing an essay or serving detention.

So now I have a bad attitude and nothing to show for it.

"Lise!" Daphne whined.

We were both late at this point, I had made her stay with me as I was trying to pull textbooks and spare folders out of my tiny locker. Everything was crammed inside tightly, "I'm trying!" I finally succeeded, pulling them out and slamming the locker shut. "How is that tiny ass thing supposed to hold all of my supplies properly?" I asked sarcastically.

She shrugged, "Now is not the time!"

We walked hurriedly down the hall, "I'm just saying, it was so crammed that I couldn't even get things out!" I threw my hands up dramatically.

The bell rang overhead, causing Daphne to groan. "Great," her voice was laced with sarcasm. "Now I'm going to get a detention," she muttered under her breath, clearly upset.

I tried to reassure her, "Daph, you're not going to get a detention for one tardy, relax." 

She shook her head as if trying to show me just how wrong I was, "It's Mr. Kensington's class, you know, that awful sub's husband." My mouth formed an O, remembering my brief- but horrifying- encounter with her.

Right as I stepped through the door to my journalism class, the final bell sounded. I breathed a sigh of relief as I headed towards my desk. I was halfway there when someone cleared their throat, "Who might you be?" I turned around to see a very preppy-looking teacher sitting at Ms. Hunch's desk.

She caught me off guard, I furrowed my brows, "Why might you be? Where is Ms. Hunch?"

She scowled, "I am Ms. Kensington and I asked you a question first, young lady." She reminded me of Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter, but a more evil version. I had heard talk about Ms. Kensington lately, mostly that she was a huge bitch.

"I'm Annalise Stark, thank you for stating the obvious, Mrs. Kensington," I grumbled. I was not in a good mood at this point. She was just pushing my buttons with her bitterness and I had had just about enough of bad attitudes to last a lifetime.

She looked taken aback by my comment, "And what were you doing that caused you to be so late?" She sneered. She smirked, acting as if she had won something by being a bitch.

I snorted, "So late? What do you even mean? I was five seconds early, and only because my tiny ass bladder couldn't hold it in for another damn second." I hissed calmly as I finished the walk to my seat and sat down.

The girl next to me was staring with wide eyes, I knew her, but only vaguely. Her name is Sera, but we hardly get to talk. "Careful Mrs. Stark, another outburst like that and you'll be serving detention." Ms. Kensington warned, drawing my attention to her.