I'm back - 25 | final engagement

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Part of me just wanted to leave it alone. Part of me just wanted to let my dad get what was coming to him. I loved him, and I wish our relationship was better. Yet countless times I have seen him put Meredith first, above his own flesh and blood.

But the other part overpowered that thought and I knew I had to do the right thing, hoping that my father would do the same for me had it been me in his position.

"Out of the way!" I turned just in time to see two large men carrying an enormous ice sculpture in the shape of a swan.

I groaned as my dress settled around me, and as I continued on my way I tripped over the edge of my dress. I growled, picking up the bottom of it so I could walk successfully. The dress didn't fit right anywhere, Carmen actually told the dressmakers I was a six.

I haven't seen anyone I know yet, so I decided to check inside. The second I pushed the door open the memories of last night came flashing back at warp speed. I know what I have to do, but that doesn't make it easy.

"Annalise?" I turned to see Ryan sitting at my kitchen table, alone, with a drink in his hand. How did he?.. "Where have you been?"

I shrugged, looking all around. "Everywhere, I guess." I still didn't see any of our other friends around. I was forced to get ready with the other bridesmaids instead of my friends, ensuring that I haven't seen anybody today. "Have you seen Zach or Aiden?"

Ryan nodded, "Oh, yeah, both of them are in your dad's study. I was with them but those two are a bore," he said dramatically. "Ergo, here I am."

I waved him a thanks and headed towards the study. Aiden is my brother, but I haven't told him what I'd seen yet. Only Zach knew, and if I didn't talk about it soon, I knew that I would explode.

When I got close to my father's study I could hear their chatter behind the door as I knocked, "Zach?" I called, opening it. Both of them stared at me like a deer caught in headlights, I wonder what they were talking about?.. "Can I talk to you? Alone."

He nodded and Aiden gave him a look before walking out, "What's up?"

I went and sat down on the small couch my father keeps in his study, sometimes he sleeps on it during long nights. "What do you think?" I snapped, I knew that he knew exactly what I meant.

He sighed, taking a seat next to me. "Is this the stress talking, or something else?"

I pursed my lips, "I'm sorry, you're right. I'm overwhelmed with stress about this whole situation. I tried and failed to find my father, and when doing so I ran into the wedding planner who just barked at me to go get dressed."

Zach sent me a soft smile, "Barked?"

I nodded, "That lady is one yappy bitch." I paused, "No she's not. I'm just being a bit bitchy because I'm... because I'm just scared..."

Zach grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze. "Annalise, are you scared of telling him, or what comes after you do?"

Both valid questions, and both correct in their own way. My dad needs to know the truth. If he still wants to go on with the wedding afterward, that's his decision. Though I couldn't help but hope that he would call it off.

I nodded, "Both I guess, though mostly I'm terrified because it's me. It seems like I'm always the one breaking bad news, it's really straining my relationship with my dad. It just feels like God is playing favorites, why can't it ever be Aiden?"