I'm back - 38 | the looong day

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

We walked up to the bouncer I guess you could call him and he eyed me suspiciously, I smiled meekly before handing him the six tickets that Raymond had sent me. He took a look before nodding and letting us through the red rope.

I followed my friends inside the Met and I couldn't contain my own gasp. When I first arrived in New York I thought the hotel room was the fanciest room I had ever stepped foot in, but I stand corrected as I look around this place.

I wanted to squeal, spin, and run in excitement. But I had a feeling that that kind of behavior wasn't tolerated here. So instead, I stayed quiet as someone led us to a circular table with six seats. Each seat had a place card on the plate with each of our names on it.

Fancy.

I sat in the chair that held my name and the rest of the group did too, I waited patiently as a server brought over appetizers. We'd only gotten the tickets today, so I hoped that there wasn't any call ahead RSVP for meals.

I was too scared to ask, but I ate my food in peace. The whole room was mostly silent as the announcer went onto the stage, "Welcome everyone, to the Met's unveiling of our new Pompeii exhibit! It's a moving establishment and will only be here for a few weeks, and tonight we reveal it to the public!" Everyone in the room started clapping, "If I may ask you to follow me towards the exhibit, we'll return shortly for dinner."

He walked off the stage and everyone stood up, following him down many different winding halls of the museum. It would be easy to get lost in here. He finally stopped in front of a large red curtain, "I introduce to you, Pompeii de Met!" He pulled a rope and the curtains opened, revealing a large backdrop of a painting of the city before the tragic eruption.

In front of it were many different artifacts. Things like pieces of buildings, preserved food, weapons, and even some bodies that were preserved in the ash. They looked like statues, it was hard to believe that thousands of years ago they were people.

"This is amazing," I looked around in awe, standing on my tippy toes so I could get a better look.

Zach grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze, "Isn't it?"

We all stayed for a bit and watched the exhibit before heading back to the main hall where the actual party was taking place. They served a seven-course meal and provided dancing, but after eating all of that I was worn out! I'd had a long day, and to be honest, I just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep.

I leaned my head against Zach's chest, "I'm tired, and ready to go." I whispered. I didn't want to be a burden and force him to leave early, but I also knew that none of them would allow me to leave alone.

I felt his body turn, "Hey Aiden, are you guys ready to go?" Zach asked as he stroked my hair with his other hand. I vaguely heard Aiden call back, 'Hell no, this is awesome!' I felt Zach look down at me, "I think Annalise and I are going to head back, she's super tired from the shoot this morning, it's been a long day."

I didn't quite catch Aiden's response as Zach slowly led me out of the Met and into a taxi that had been conveniently there. They probably call them for all of the guests, the party had an open bar.

I was in and out of sleep the entire ride, and it wasn't long before the taxi stopped. Zach and I got out, and when I opened my eyes I was blinded by the brightness of our hotel lobby. Robert's Modernarium on the Walk really was futuristic.