I'm back - 32 | a guy's day

𝚣𝚊𝚌𝚑'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I pull up to Annalise and Aiden's house only to see Aiden's car in the driveway, no sign of Astrid. We all had plans to hang out today. It was the first day of summer and since the girls are leaving for their New York trip on Monday, we thought it best to spend it together.

I park my car in the street, letting it beep so that I would know it was locked. I make my way up to the door, typing in the code on the lock: 4576. I don't know what it meant or stood for, but instead of giving me a key, this is what the twins decided on.

I shut the door behind me, "Aiden! Annalise!" I called up the stairs. I could hear Aiden's Xbox and his screams of annoyance coming from his bedroom. When they don't answer me I roll my eyes and head upstairs. I reach Aiden's room with ease, flopping down on his bed.

That's when I noticed that Ryan was nowhere to be found, "Where's Ryan?"

"I don't know, I'm not his keeper." He huffs.

I sigh, "Well then, where are the girls."

He points at me matter-of-factly, "I'm not their keeper either, but aren't you Annalise's?" I grunt at that and shake my head. I don't keep tabs on her at all times, she's her own person. "Kidding, though I don't know where they are." He shrugs and continues playing his game, call of duty two, black ops

"Should we try calling them, or Ryan for that matter?" I suggest.

Once again, Aiden just shrugs.

I decided to give it time. I sit back and watch Aiden's game for at least twenty minutes with no sign of Ryan, Annalise, Daphne, or Summer. I then take matters into my own hands, pulling out my phone and texting Ryan, '𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?'

It doesn't take long for him to answer, '𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?' I choked on air before bursting out laughing.

The volume of my laughter seems to throw Aiden off his game because he was sniped, losing the match. "Zach, what the fuck?" He blurts out as he turns to me, setting his controller down on the floor beside him.

I can hardly contain myself, but I try to keep quiet. "R-Ryan! He's been waiting downstairs for us to show up this whole time!" Upon hearing my words Aiden's face turns red before he bursts out laughing, joining me.

I take a few hearty breaths and check Ryan's social media to see a post on his story captioned, '𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧.' I quickly show him and it only makes him laugh harder. I managed to calm down first with a great idea in tow, "Let's prank him. We never get the chance to do that stuff anymore.

Aiden nods his head vigorously before turning off his tv, "Yes!" He pumps the air with his fist. "What kind of prank should we do this time?" He rubs his hands together mischievously.

I think about it for a second, "Let's tell him we're waiting for him at my house instead of yours and we can get in his backseat and scare the ever-loving daylights out of him when he goes to leave." Ryan will be quick about it too, trying to make it seem like he didn't mess up at all.

Aiden rolls his eyes, "That is so childish Zach," he pauses for what seems like a dramatic effect. "I love it," he gives me a high-five before pointing to the window. "We can climb down using the trellis outside the game room window." I follow him towards it.