I'm back - 37 | tourist traps

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

We stood on the sidewalk of New York City as Aiden wrapped one arm around Summer's shoulder, and held his phone in the other. "Where to first?" He asked, checking the map.

Daphne smirked, taking the lead just as she had done yesterday. "The Statue of Liberty on Ellis Island, and then Central Perk- from Friends." She counted off of a mental checklist.

I squeezed my hands together, "We're going to Central Perk?" I'm an avid FRIENDS fan, it's one of my comfort shows so I watch it all the time.

At the mention of Central perk, Summer nodded her head vigorously, practically pushing Aiden off of her. "Yes! We're going to take so many pictures in the spots where Rachel sat and Monica and-"

Daphne cut her off, "We get it, you're excited. Now let's go be excited on the way there." Right about now Daphne was definitely starting to feel like the mom of the group.

We traveled as close to the port as we could get by subway before walking the rest. It didn't take long to get there, but the line was pretty crowded. After around fifteen minutes we finally made it to the front. "What can I get for you, lad?" The seller had a heavy Irish accent.

Aiden was at the front of the line. Before he could respond Summer tugged on his sleeve, "Aiden we should go inside the crown. It's not like we're coming back anytime soon," she reasoned.

He nodded, seeing her point. "You heard the lady, six please." Aiden smiled.

The seller nodded, typing the information into the computer. "Alrighty son, that'll be the normal nineteen ninety-five tickets plus three dollars per person for crown access, so your total is one hundred thirty-three and fifty cents." Aiden nodded, handing him a credit card. He swiped it and smiled at the ding, "Thank you for shopping and have a wonderful day on Ellis Island."

We moved onto the next person who put a wristband around each of our wrists, it was white with green writing that said in big letters 'Ellis Island' along with the date of which we were visiting. I guess they get a lot of people trying to come a second time without paying.

I watched as the ferry pulled up to the large dock. I looked down at the water, "Do you think there are sharks in there?" I ask Zach, pointing to the water though I'm sure he knew what I meant when I asked.

He shrugged as we all started filing onto the ferry, "Probably. It's like the San Fransisco Bay, it connects to the Atlantic." It makes sense now that I think about it. Sharks probably just wander in from the ocean, people probably drop all kinds of food into the water for them to munch on.

The ride was quicker than I thought it would be, pretty soon a voice sounded over the loudspeaker, "If you look ahead you'll see we're coming up on Ellis Island now, folks!" I looked to where everyone was pointing and oohing at and saw the Statue of Liberty's feet. Within the next two minutes the boat was docked and we were safely back on land.

"Let's try to get in first, we've got a lot of stairs to climb and a big crowd down here," Daphne motioned to all of the families exiting the ferry.

I grabbed Zach's hand as we all went inside. When I looked up it was a bit dark, but our movement seemed to have triggered the motion sensor lights and the whole place lit up. Revealing stairs, lots and lots of stairs.

We have to climb those? "How many are there?" I asked looking at the winding stairway above me. It could be hundreds for all we know

Ryan cleared his throat, "Thirty-six, counted them myself," he smirked.