I'm back - 15 | a mandatory rager

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

All of us climbed out of Zach's car, just staring at the wild behavior in front of us. I was the first to take a step towards the winding path that led to the front door. "Annalise!" I heard someone call behind me, no doubt trying to tell me not to go alone.

This only made me walk faster, with more pep in my step. As soon as I made it to the door, I pushed it open. I was hit with the smell of sweaty bodies, sex, and alcohol all at once.

I heard their footsteps behind me as my friends caught up, "Annalise, wait!" Aiden hissed.

But I was already making my way inside. "Let's go!" Daphne shrieked as she took off. She disappeared into the crowd almost immediately, a crowd this big was a little concerning since crazy things happen at crazy parties.

I followed her, running into the crowd before my overprotective brother could stop me.

Daphne, being my best friend, was easy for me to spot. I laughed as I watched her run towards a full-service bar, I weaved through the crowd, meeting her there. "What is this whole shindig even celebrating?" Daphne asked the bartender.

He laughed at her choice of vocabulary, "This here shindig is celebrating Nathan's eighteenth birthday, that's what." He boomed as he placed two shots of some dark liquor in front of us.

I was hesitant to take it, but Daphne picked it up, threw it back, and slammed the glass back down on the table like a pro. Her face morphed to one of disgust, "What is that?"

The bartender laughed again, "That was bourbon." Upon hearing that the shot was of my own favorite hard liquor, I mimicked her behavior, except I didn't even make a face as I washed it down. His eyes widened at me, "Damn! Little lady knows how she likes it! Now that's what I'm talking about!" He cheered at my liking of hard liquor.

"Can I have a glass of bourbon, neat?" The bartender nodded, pouring me an entire glass. I smiled as I took it from him. Daphne liked fruity things more so she ordered herself a Cherry Vodka Sour, something I had always wanted to try.

I laughed to myself as I heard Steph, from After We Collided's voice in my head as I thought of it. I was brought out of my thoughts by a drunk, "What's a pretty girl like you laughing about?"

I looked over at the voice. It was a guy sitting at the bar, he was already clearly intoxicated. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him at the bartender, "Nothing you should worry about." I shot back, he looked old enough to be my father, why was he even here?

As Daphne and I sat at the bar drinking our beverages I heard Zach, "Annalise!" He called, if I could hear him over the music then he must be close. I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I looked, it was him. He looked relieved, "Please be careful," he pleaded.

I nodded, "I am," I assured him.

Hearing my voice and knowing I'm okay seemed to do the trick. "I'm going to go over there," he pointed in the other direction and I nodded in recognition, though the hard liquor was starting to make my brain fuzzy. "If you need anything come find me, okay?"

I sat there with Daphne long after Zach left, drinking shot after shot and drink after drink. It felt so nice to not have any responsibilities or worries for a few hours. "Another one?" The bartender asked again and both Daph and I nodded.

At this point I was very, very drunk.

I heard someone singing, someone bad. When I looked into the mosh put I could see a huge table turned into a stage where they were doing karaoke. "You should do it, Annalise!" Daphne urged me. I hadn't told her about my difficulty to sing and play since my mom died.