I'm back - 24 | the rehearsal

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I placed all of the products I would need, my outfit, and my phone charger into the tote bag. Tonight was the rehearsal dinner, and since they decided to do it the day before the wedding, I can't wear the dress I had planned to, luckily I had the perfect backup.

I hope that tonight goes smoothly, for dad's sake. 

They're not making me wear the god-awful bridesmaids' dress that Meredith had picked tonight, but I will have to wear it for the actual reception tomorrow. After that is when I'll be allowed to change into my pink dress. So I'm basically going to be a fashion embarrassment when it actually matters.

On the bright side, Daphne and I are going to get ready together. I feel like I haven't seen her and Summer enough lately with everything that has been going on, I only ever get to see her at school- and that isn't a very pleasant place.

I texted Daphne that I was on my way before turning the light off in my bedroom. As I closed the door to my room, I turned around and ran straight into someone. I hit the floor with a thud, a painful thud. Then I heard a chuckle, "Sorry Princess."

I looked up to see none other than my boyfriend, "Zach? What are you doing here?" I asked as he helped me to my feet.

He glanced back at Aiden's door, "I crashed with Aiden last night, I knew that today and tomorrow are going to be hard for the both of you. I just wanted to be here and make sure you were okay." He took a step towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

I smiled at the gesture. I got on the tips of my toes, pressing my lips to his in a short sweet kiss. "I'll be okay, we both will," I assured him.

When we pulled apart he looked down at me, noticing that I was dressed and ready to go. He raised a brow, "Where are you uh going?" He pretended to be nosy.

I smirked, "Just over to Daphne's. I haven't seen her much lately amidst all the wedding drama, we're hanging out and getting ready together." He nodded and I grasped his hand, "You're welcome to come with me, Ryan will be there." I proposed.

He looked away dramatically, "Oh I couldn't impose." 

I cracked a smile, rolling my eyes. "So you'd rather stay here with Aiden? Who's sleeping?" He seemed to weigh the options before holding out his arm, "Good choice," I joked as I linked mine through his.

When we got to Daphne's house, Zach and I had a long conversation with Mrs. Milner on how Mr. Milner's mustache is growing too bushy. I finally found an excuse and we headed upstairs to Daphne's bedroom.

I could hear Daphne and Ryan arguing about something.

And when I pushed the door open it revealed Ryan jumping on her bed with Daphne's phone in hand. She growled loudly, reaching for it. "Ryan! Give it back!"

He shook his head vigorously, "No! I want to see who you were texting so much!" He sounded like a jealous five-year-old.

Daphne groaned, throwing her hands down. "I already told you four times, it was Annalise!"

But Ryan just shook his head, "I love you babe, but I don't buy that for a second!" He scrolled further through her phone. When he found the messaging app he smirked like he won the lottery, "And the mystery texter is... Annalise." He smiled sheepishly before giving a fuming Daphne her phone. "Have I told you how much I love you today, babe?"