I'm back - 17 | frostbite

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Today is the day.

Today I have to go dress shopping with Carmen and Meredith.

I wanted to bring Daphne, but since she's not a bridesmaid Meredith said no, claiming she wanted us all to have 'girl time,' but I think that's bullshit. I don't know what she has up her sleeve for today, but whatever it is, it can't be good.

We'd been driving for thirty minutes, I guess Meredith lived over here because she scheduled her dress fitting at the bridal shop across town. I didn't care to ask and confirm, I honestly wanted to talk to her as little as possible today.

"Look, there it is!" Carmen yells excitedly from the passenger seat, pointing to the obviously placed bridal shop. It was in a large outdoor town center filled with other various shops, I couldn't help but notice the expensive jewelry store right next door.

I rolled my eyes at her behavior, "Yep," I said, popping the p in annoyance.

I know that sometimes I just say whatever comes to mind, whether it's in an attempt to stand up for myself or I'm just in a bad mood, but it feels like Carmen has zero filter whatsoever.

When Aiden and I got home from Zach's yesterday Meredith and Carmen were at the house with dad planning Meredith's bachelorette party, that Carmen would apparently be attending, and they looked me up and down before commenting that my shirt- Zach's shirt- made me look fat.

Like no shit, it's a large.

"Girls," Meredith warned, trying to be a mother to us both. We pulled into the lot and Meredith parked in a handicapped spot.

I looked at her wide-eyed, "Meredith, we can't park here."

She shrugged, pulling out a clearly fake handicap sign. "According to this, we can." She put it on her mirror and turned the car off with a push of a button. I felt guilty, I knew that Meredith wasn't handicapped but I felt that there was nothing I could do against her.

So I sighed, climbing out of the car with them. I walked a bit faster than them, walking inside the bridal shop with Meredith and Carmen on my tail. From behind me, I heard Meredith grunt. "Hurry up, girls. My dress fitting starts in five minutes." She passed me, ushering us to go faster.

I sighed, picking up my pace. We were greeted at the counter by a tall man. "Oh! Mademoiselle Meredith Brantem, vous devez etre la pour votre essayage de mariage." (𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝙾𝚑! 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙱𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚖, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐.) His accent and words were thick with the language of romance, french.

Luckily, I had taken french back in Australia for my language credit.

I smiled at him, "Oui, je suis sa future belle-fille, Annalise. Je suis ici aussi pour trouver une robe, quioique. queleque chose de plus decontracte." (𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚊𝚠, 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕.) I said with a laugh at the end.