A Day with Denki

(I don't own any of the art in this)

"Everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing your stories about summer camp," Mina sniffled. The others were too busy being depressed to talk.

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go, a last-minute twist?" Izuku tried.

"Stop it Midoriya," Sero put his hand on the greenette's shoulder. "By saying that out loud your just jinxing them."

"They said that whoever fails the final exam would have to skip training camp and live in summer school hell. We didn't pass the practicals so we're doomed. DON'T YOU GET IT MIDORIYA?!" Kaminari jabbed the other boy between the eyes.

"Hey ease up Kaminari," Sero said. "I'm not sure that I'll get to go either, our team only passed cause of Mineta. I was knocked out the entire time."

I quietly smirked to myself and sat down. "I love watching the drama," I whispered to Kyoka. She giggled in response and a small blush dusted my cheeks.

"Once the bell rings you should all be in your seats," the door slammed open to reveal Mr. Aizawa. Everyone who wasn't in their seat was scurrying there as quietly as possible before the ravenette even stepped into the classroom. "Morning. Unfortunately, some of you didn't pass the practical exam, so when it comes to the training camp in the woods..."

'Ashido, Kaminari, Sato, Sero, and Kirishima aren't going,' I finished.

"Everyone is going!" He said with a forced smile.

"Really?!" 

"We get to go to summer camp?!"

"Yes," Mr, Aizawa responded. "good news is that none of you bombed the written exam. But five of you failed the practical exam. Badly. Two teams, of course, and Sero. Allow me to explain. During the practical battles, the teachers purposely left a way to escape. If this rule had not been set, there would be no way for you to win. We were interested in finding out how well you all would work together and handle the task at hand."

"But didn't you promise that the teachers wouldn't hold back?" Ojiro questioned.

"That was just to get you on edge. Besides, the training camp focuses on your strength, those who fail need those lessons the most," Aizawa sensei responded. "It was just a logical deception we used."

"A logical deception?!" everyone exclaimed.

"He tricked us all, I should've expected this!" Tenya stood up rigidly. "MR. AIZAWA, AREN'T YOU AFRAID THAT WE WON'T TRUST YOU ANYMORE IF YOU KEEP LYING TO US?"

"Uhh, little blunt there Tenya," Ochako said.

"That's a good point, I'll keep that in mind, but I wasn't lying about everything," The black-haired teacher responded. "Failure is failure." He turned his attention to the classmates that bombed the practical exam. "The classes that you will endure will be much worse than the ones that you would find at summer school.

I turned to face the classmates that had failed and saw that their faces of celebration had morphed into ones of disappointment. 'That's rough,' I thought, turning back to Mr. Aizawa.

~~

"This is so great! We'll all be going to the training camp together," Ojiro said as he handed the class rep a brochure for the camp.

"Looks like we'll be there for an entire week, I wasn't expecting it to be that long," He murmured.

"I've gotta find a bigger suitcase," Izuku exclaimed.

"Yeah," Denki said while walking up to them. "I don't even have a swimsuit, guess I better get shopping."

"Me too," I chimed in. "I wanted to get a new swimsuit for the trip, can we go together Pikachu?"