In Our Own Quirky Ways

I raced towards the next obstacle, Shoto hot on my trail. He and I stopped at the edge. But I'll be damned if I stopped for more than two seconds.  I went through all the options of how to get across the next obstacle. I chose option number 1, use my wings. I flew across the valley and landed on the other side. I ran off.

When I looked back, I saw Shoto using his ice to get across the wires. there were many others behind him. I heard Mei going on about how she was gonna show everyone what her 'babies' could do. 

"Wow, Mei! Cool gadgets!" I yelled back to her.

"Thanks, Y/n!" she replied.

As I was looking back, I saw Katsu-kun blasting his way over to where Shoto and I were fighting for the lead. 

"YOU SUCK!!" he yelled.

~~~~At the next obsticle~~~~

I stopped to analyze the field before me. There were clear indents where the mines were, it didn't matter to me as I could fly over them. So that's what I did. I spread my wings once again and flew off. Shoto and Katsuki followed right after me. 

After a few minutes, I looked back to see Izuku digging in the ground with a piece of metal. "What is he doing?" I asked myself. I went back to focusing on winning, Katsuki and Shoto were both right on my tail after all. I looked up again to see Izu-kun flying over me! I quickly doubled in speed as the blonde and the dual-colored hair boy were frozen in shock. I realized that he didn't have any ways of landing safely, so I did what any friends would do, I discreetly used the wind to soften the blow.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOU BASTARDS!?" Katsuki yelled, flying after us with his explosions.

I pulled ahead of all three of them, and suddenly, 

bang, BAM

I was blown forwards. There was a cloud of pink that surrounded me. I go up and ran forwards. I cupped my hurting ears, that explosion was really loud. As soon as I regained my balance, I flew towards the finish line. I saw Izu-kun nearing the stadium, I couldn't steal back first, but I can still get second. I put out one last burst of speed and landed across the finish line.

The crowd went wild. It was really close, but I could tell that Izuku had gotten first. I fell to the ground, cupping my ears. It was way too loud for my liking. I wrapped my wings around me to muffle the noise, it worked slightly. Not enough to get me to take my hands off my ears, but enough for my head to stop pounding. 

A few minutes later, I felt a hand brushing my right-wing. I relaxed into the touch. The hand gently caressed my feathers, calming me as the noise died down. As soon as the noise level was to my liking, I open my wings to see who had helped me. It was Shinsou. I smiled at him and gave him a hug, which he returned.

"Thanks, Hitoshi-kun," I whispered.

"No problem."

"Hey, Y/n! I heard how loud the crowd was, I wanted to check and see if you were alright." Mei said, walking over. "I know! I should make you a baby to help with that! I do that when I get back!"

"Who is this?" Shinsou asked.

"Oh, this is my friend Mei Hatsume. Mei, this is Hitoshi Shinsou." I responded.

"Hiya!" Mei waved at Hitoshi.

"Hi..."

As everyone was getting ready to see the next round, I was clinging onto Hitoshi's arm. All his classmates were asking who I was, what class I was from, etc.

"This is Y/n Takami. She's from 1-A."

"Why is she here then?!" they asked. 

"She's my best friend." (don't worry, you didn't just get friend-zoned)