The aftermath of the Hero Killer: Stain

As I gradually griped back into awareness, I saw a blinding light. I hurriedly brought my hands up to shield them but noticed that my left hand was much thicker than the right. I cracked open my eyes and stared at my pure white hand, then looked at my s/c hand, then back at the pure white one, and back again. I soon realized that the white one was wrapped in bandages and calmed down. I looked around the tidy room and figured that I was in a hospital.

again.

I brought myself up to a sitting position to reduce the pressure on my wings with much pain in my arm and hand. I heard faint talking so I searched my ears for what could be reducing the noise. I found that I still had my earbuds in so I plucked them out and put them on the nightstand. I looked back at the rest of the room and saw Izu-kun, Sho, and Tenya all talking.

"-I'm actually impressed by you, Iida. He was trying to murder you but you still stood tall," Shoto was saying.

"That's not true," The bluenette responded. "But I was-"

"Oh," The door slid open to reveal the short man that I had seen on the train and someone I hadn't met before. "So the injured young'ns are awake."

"IS Y/N AWAKE?!" I heard from down the hall, obviously my brother. 

"Yes," The short man called back. Everyone turned to me.

"Y/n! I didn't even know you got up. You should lay back down, he got you pretty good." Izu-kun said.

"Yes, Midoriya is correct," Tenya added.

"Mhm," Shoto hummed.

I soon heard loud footsteps coming towards the door and saw Keigo burst into the room. Without missing a beat he threw himself at me.

"I shouldn't have let you go, you could've been killed! I thought I told you not to get hurt!' He said into my shoulder.

"Well, I'm fine now," I said.

"FINE?! THEY ALMOST HAD TO AMPUTATE YOUR ARM!!!"  He yelled.

"Okay, 1, don't yell in my ear. 2, but they didn't," I replied, wrapping my arms around the blonde.

"You could've died and it would've been my fault..." He whispered. It was saddening to see him like this, but it was a true side to him. Nobody was perfectly happy all the time, not even Keigo.

"Alright, alright, you crybaby. I'm fine now and that's that." I said, messing with his hair.  

"Okay," I looked up and saw a dog-person standing at the door. "This only applies to these three boys here, so feel free to not pay attention, Ms. Takami,"

"Will do," I said. But, alas, I am addicted to ✨tea✨. So I watched as the chief of police chewed out the three boys on the other beds about not having permission to do what they did and how I was the only one who was going to get credit for taking downtown the hero killer.

"Do you understand?" He finished, directing it at all of us.

"Yessir," We chorused, them more sullen than me.

"Now," the chief turned to me. "Most of the credit for the capture will go to Hawks and Endeavor, but you will get the battle credit. Alright?"

"Yessir," I cheered. I was going to get credit for a capture!

"That will be all, good day," The chief pushed open the hospital door and walked down the hallway.

~~~~The next day~~~~

"Wow, did you hear? The hero killer was caught!"

"No way! Who took him down?"

"I heard that it was Endeavor, Hawks, and Soshi." 

"Who's 'Soshi'?"

"It's one of the UA students, word is that she is related to Hawks. She was seen at the front gates with him, no one knows anything else.

I looked out the window of the hospital room, enjoying the beautiful view of Hosu city. But, something caught my eye. I turned around to see a black-haired man facing a screen. The screen in question was displaying a news broadcast about the capture of the hero killer, but that's beside the point. The man had large purple patches on his neck, face, hands, and probably other places. For some reason, his figure reminded me of someone I used to know, but I couldn't quite place it.

'Wait, he looks like Touya...no, Touya died, I'm just imagining things.'

The man soon walked away and I caught his eye. 'The same color as Touya's...' His eyes widened as he looked me over and he broke eye contact to get away faster.

~~~~Later~~~~

When I went down to the lobby to walk around for a bit, I decided to call Ochako. She must be worried about me 'capturing' the hero killer. I took out my f/c phone and clicked on the brunette's number. The phone rang for a few seconds but was soon picked up.

"Y/n! Are you all alright? Did he hurt you!?" She quickly asked questions like these for at least two minutes, I don't even think she took a breath.

"Ochako," I interrupted. "If you want your questions answered, I need to have time to give you the answers."

"Oh, yeah," She laughed. "That's true. So, are you okay now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a few days in the hospital,"

"JUST A FEW DAYS?!"

"Yes, and can you please not yell in my ear." 

"Oh, sorry," She mumbled.

"...Ocha-chan, I can't hear you, you need to talk louder," 

"I-I, um, s-sorry!" She said.

I giggled at her reaction to my new nickname for her and told the rest of the story, she was silent the entire time.

"-and that's when I decided to call you!" I finished.

"Wow...that sounds so epic!!" she stated.

"Hey Uravity, who's that on the phone?" Came a voice from the brunette's end.

"U-Uh, it's nobody!" She called back.

"Is it your crush~?" The voice asked.

My face blew up in a red blush and I choked on my own spit. I could tell that Ochako had almost the same reaction.

"NONO, I-IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!" She said.

"Mhm~," Said the voice. "Anyway, we're about to start another exercise, c'mon." 

"O-oh, okay, bye Y/n-chan!" She stuttered.

"Y-yeah, bye, Ocha-chan," I said. I heard the beep that signaled that she had hung up and put my phone down.

'I just talked to a girl over the phone, the gay panic is real,' I internally screamed. As I walked back up to the room I shared with the three boys, I questioned my entire existence and purpose. Y'know, like a normal person.

I pushed open the door and took a seat on my bed. I flexed my fingers and flinched at the sharp pain. "fuck," I mumbled as I glared at my hand.

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Tenya and Izu-kun were talked about what happened to Tenya's hand.

"-let's both get stronger together," the greenette said.

Shoto looked at them, looked at me, and said, "I feel kinda bad. Whenever I'm involved, someone's hand always gets hurt. Am I cursed?"

The three of us all laughed.

"Todoroki, I didn't know you had a scene of humor," Izuku said between fits of giggles. 

"I'm being serious, I'm like 'The Hand Crusher', or something," The fact that he said it with a straight face sent me doubling over with laughter. "Why are you all laughing?" 

*****End of 'The Aftermath of The Hero Killer: Stain'*****

Word Count: 1246

I was watching the actual episode for this and I couldn't stop smiling as I wrote it. Hehe

Peace Out!
Arson-chan