chapter 4 "Am I engaged?"

Eva's POV.

Your fiancee??

It was more like a question from Maria's mouth. I looked down at her reaction. Well... mine was the same.

Because I am not his fiancee.....yet!

"Yeah.." Mr. Knight said in his broad tone. Isa was still in his arms and looking at us with curiosity. She didn't understand what were we talking about.

"Princess, did you have your breakfast?"

Mr. Knight asked Isa who was grinning and nodding her head.

"Yes.. mommy feeds me with her hands"

she said and looked at me.

Mr. Knight looked at me first but then again at her. He smiled a little and then let her go. He turned towards me and said.

"Feel free miss Williams... Maria can you give Miss Williams a tour of the house "

he said politely and Maria nodded

"Miss Williams when you are done can you come to my office "

It wasn't like a question it was like the order said. I gulped and nodded Then he went anywhere inside.

"Let's go to my room Mommy"

Isa chirped dragging me toward I don't know. Maria was following us. As I entered her room she went back and then again came with a glass of water.
She offered me and I took it. I was kinda thirsty.

Isa was busy showing me her toys and telling stories in her baby voice and unclear vocabulary. At that time I could feel someone's eyes on me. Yeah. it's Maria. I looked at her a few times but then she looked away.

I signed and stood up. I went to Maria and said.

"Is there anything you want to ask Maria?"

She looked hesitated but then asked.

"What's your age? I mean.. you look pretty young for Mr. Knight"

she said in a low voice. I chuckled at her and replied.

"I am 19 and yes I am younger form him"

I said to her but then her next question made me think hard.

"Are you happy with this...."

she said hesitantly but in cared filled voice.

Am I??

Yes??

No??

I was thinking and unintentionally My eyes went to Isa. And I know my answer

"Yes... I am"

I said to her and she smiled.

"Thank God... I am so happy for Mr. Knight deserves some happiness"

she said and joined her have praying to god. I smiled at her and then looked back to Isa the energetic girl who was now looking quite tired. I went toward her and she came to me looking all drained off. She put her head on my shoulder and hugged me.

"Are you sleepy baby?"

I asked her running my hand through her hair. She nodded in my neck.
I picked her up and went toward her bed. I put her there and covered her with a duvet. I stayed there for a few minutes running my hand through her hair. And then the angel went to her dreamland.

I got up from there and went down the hall to find Maria walking from somewhere.

She looked at me and asked about Isa and I told her she was asleep.