Chapter 25: Strange

Jeonghan

"He looks so pale, Jeonghan," Jeongyeon told me when Seungcheol's already far from us.

"I know. I've seen it too," I said.

"But have you seen his eyes when he looked at me?"

I raised an eyebrow at her, "What do you mean?"

Jeongyeon stared at me, "Are you two just friends?"

My forehead creased at her sudden question, "Why are you suddenly asking me that? Of course, we are just friends."

She turned to look at where Seungcheol had walk away then she mumbled something which I didn't hear.

"What did you say?" I asked.

She shakes her head then she smiled, "It's nothing! Let's go?"

I just stared at her weirdly as she left me there. I looked back one last time before I followed Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon is clinging in my arms as we walk side-by-side. She's telling me something but I couldn't hear her that much. I couldn't understand iwhat she's saying, I can't focus on her.

I can't stop thinking about what I'e seen earlier. Seungcheol, kneeling down while holding his chest. I wasn't sure if it's him at first, but I decided to approach whoever it is because it seemed like he's in too much pain. But when I was slowly getting nearer, I can clearly saw it was Seungcheol. It made me worried.

I tried to ask him but he didn't tell me why was he kneeling down while clutching his chest. I didn't push further, thinking he doesn't want to share it with anyone.

For some reason, I was also reminded how strange he acted earlier at the campus. He was definitely avoiding us. He didn't have any breakfast, and he didn't show up at lunch. And as far as I know, he doesn't go out of the campus at weekends except that time we forced him to join us to visit Joshua.

Most of all, the way his eyes keeps on avoiding mine were strange.

Or maybe I'm just overreacting.

But I'm worried. What's happening with him?

"Earth to Yoon Jeonghan!"

I snapped out of my thought when I felt a smack on my head.

I quickly turned to Jeongyeon and glared at her, "What the fuck was that for?" I scowled at her.

She pouts her lips, "You weren't listening at me!" she whined, "and stop cussing, will you?"

Right. I am with her.

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry. I was just thinking about something."

"It's that handsome man from earlier, right?" She asked, grinning widely.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's with the look?"

She grinned even more, "Well, I'm just curious."

"About what?"

"Do you like him?"

My brows furrowed, "What? Of course, not." I quickly denied.

"But does he like you?"

"What the hell are you asking? We're just friends."

"But his eyes were telling otherwise..." Jeongyeon mumbled.

My forehead creased, "Look, I know he's handsome and all, but we're really just friends. Also, you know I don't want to engage in any relationship right now, right? Unless... "