Chapter 36: Obvious

Seungcheol

"Are you guys going to watch the Christmas Sports Festival?" I asked the group one time when we all gathered in my room after class. For the past weeks, we've been hanging out in my room which was a sudden decision agreed immediately by the majority so I didn't have the chance to refuse, not like I will. It was much more fine for me.

They all turned to me when I suddenly spoke up after lying down for almost an hour, just listening or watching them do whatever they want. They were scattered around my room. The Chinese couple were on the other bed along with Wonwoo. Jun was sitting down while Minghao was lying down his head on Jun's lap. Wonwoo rested his head on Minghao's stomach.

On the couch, there laid Soonyoung and Jihoon who were practically glued to each other, with Soonyoung being so clingy to his soulmate who seemed embarrassed to show how much skinship they shared.

Meanwhile, me, Jeonghan and Joshua are lying down in my bed. Joshua is lying down on Jeonghan's lap. I just sat beside the two of them.

It was our everyday scenario. We're happy just like that.

"Why? Are you going to?" Jeonghan asked me.

I nodded, "I'm going to watch basketball and football."

"I'll come with you then," he immediately responded.

"But you never watch games before, hyung. You're usually just sleeping," Jun said.

It made me glance at Jeonghan curiously. He shrugged nonchalantly, "Seungcheol wants to watch so I'll accompany him."

I ignored my fluttering heart as I said to Jeonghan, "You don't have to watch if you don't like it. You'll get bored."

"I'll watch too," Joshua said.

"But you're not into sports, hyung," Jihoon told him.

"I know. But lately, I've been interested in foot volleyball. Maybe I'll go watch Seungkwan play after we watch football."

"Didn't Seungkwan offer if you want to join the team?" Soonyoung asked curiously.

Joshua nodded.

"So, are you going to join?" Minghao asked.

Shaking his head, Joshua said, "I'm interested in it, but I don't want to join. I'm content with just watching."

"Aw, such a waste. You were surprisingly good at it," Soonyoung stated.

"Is he?" Wonwoo asked.

Soonyoung seemed to be surprised that Wonwoo reacted to what he said. But he answered nonetheless.

"He is. Do you want to see him play?"

"No! I don't want to play. It's tiring," Joshua abruptly disagreed, shaking his head profusely.

"Come on, hyung! We want to see you play!"

"But it's tiring!"

"We'll play too!" Jeonghan exclaimed with a grin.

"You're too lazy to play such a tiring game," Jun huffed at Jeonghan who raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Excuse me?" Jeonghan muttered, "I'm athletic despite not looking like one. You want to bet?" he challenged Jun.

"No thanks. I'm poor as it is. I don't need additional fees to pay."

It earned laughter from us while Jeonghan rolled his eyes at his best friend.