Chapter 27: Official

Seungcheol

The dreaded day came too fast for my own liking. I didn't even notice that I'm already back on campus. It felt like it was yesterday when I saw Jeonghan and Jeongyeon then my heart throbbed in an unexplainable pain I had to endure until I get back home.

I don't understand why I am feeling that pain in my heart. I don't have any heart problems at all. As far as I recall, I'm healthy. So why am I feeling that pain?

It wasn't the normal heartache. I admit, I felt that heartache in me last Friday when Jeonghan told me he's having a date with that Jeongyeon girl. I know why I'm feeling hurt. I know it, but I won't ever admit it.

But what I couldn't understand... why does this pain seem so different?

I aced all my subjects, including Science even though it is the subject I hate the most. I learned the parts of  the body, it's functions and importance. I even learned different kinds of human diseases and its treatment and cure. But never had I ever encountered anything like this.

Or was I just overreacting?

No. I know I'm not. I know the feeling of heartache. It is not like that. I can literally feel something squeezing my heart. I can literally feel a subtle sting of something in my heart.

It's confusing me, and making me so curious. Aside from that, I don't want to feel it again. The pain was barely bearable. No one would want to feel it.

I shrugged all of it away as I made my way to my room. I would look around to see if Jeonghan or Joshua was there. Luckily, they're not. That was somehow relieving.

I arrived at my room without seeing either of them. For now, I really want to avoid them as much as possible. Not while my heart's a mess. I think it's because of them I feel that pain. I want to avoid that, too.

I plopped myself on the bed just the same time my phone vibrated in my pocket. I lazily fished it out, looking at the messages from Joshua. 

Joshua:

Are you back? 

Joshua:

Let's eat dinner when you get back. I'll introduce you to my new friends! 

I remain staring at his messages. When did he have new friends?

Shaking my head, I decided not to respond at that. How can I avoid them if Joshua's like that? If he asks me face-to-face to come with them at dinner, I'll most probably go. I can't reject him like that. That is why I left the campus without seeing them. It makes me want to stay. Good thing I managed to avoid them the last time, but I can't guarantee this time. 

I need to settle this turmoil inside me first. 

My phone continued to vibrate but I ignored it all.

I need at least a few more hours of resting.

***

I woke up due to the continuous vibration of my phone. I wasn't usually bothered by it but since it's lying down just beside me on my bed, I could literally feel its vibration. Out of annoyance for disturbing my sleep, I decided to look at it.