Chapter 34: All Is Well

Jeonghan

I'm so bored.

I've been waiting for this man to wake up, yet he still hasn't shown any signs of waking up any minute by now, and I'm slowly getting impatient. If I wait for a little bit more, I'll most definitely kick this man again.

So instead of giving him more injuries than he already had, I shake him gently, still cautious of his fresh bruises.

"Hmm," he hummed, "it's still early..."

"Even if it's already eleven o'clock in the evening?" I asked, which startled the hell out of him.

Upon hearing my voice, he jolted awake. Probably recognizing my voice, he attempted to sit up and move away from me but I quickly got hold of his wrist.

"Calm down, I won't hurt you. I'm here to talk to you," I calmly stated. It managed to at least stop him from going hysterical, but he still moved an inches away from me. 

"Why are you here?" He asked, his voice was raspy yet he still tried to use a cold tone, but the wavering in it didn't go unnoticed by me.

Flashing an apologetic smile, I said, "First... I want to personally apologize for what I did to you. I know what I did is unacceptable and violent, but it was an act of rage that I couldn't control because of what I've seen."

He stared at me for a few moments, probably processing what I said. Not more than a minute later, he scoffed, "Why are you apologizing all of a sudden?"

"Because I know what I did was cruel," I responded almost immediately, already expecting him to ask that, "and I regretted doing it."

"Why? Are you afraid I'll sue you?" he asked mockingly with a grin slowly forming on his lips. Gone was his wavering voice, it was replaced by his arrogant voice. 

I sighed, "I'm not. I just really want to apologize."

"Do you think an apology is enough?" he asked, brows raised.

I lean my back on the chair I'm sitting on as I cross my arms in my chest, "I'm not expecting you to forgive me, and I don't want you to. I'm just here to apologize because I know what I did is cruel, and knowing that I've caused a schoolmate to be bedridden in a hospital."

His forehead knitted into a frown, seemingly realizing that I'm pertaining to something else.

"So what's your point?" He huffed.

"I apologized because I did something cruel to you," I repeated, "shouldn't you do the same thing?"

"Are you telling me I also did something cruel?" his face flashed out a mocking grin. 

I raised an eyebrow, "Didn't you?" I leaned towards him a little, "you were the reason why Seungcheol sprained his ankle, and why he won't be able to partake in the upcoming game."

He suddenly broke out in laughter. A mocking laughter.

"A-apologize?" he said in between laughs, "you're telling me I should apologize?"