Chapter 28: Practice

Jeonghan

"Let's dig in!" I exclaimed happily, taking a drumstick and for myself.

Joshua followed with a chuckle while Seungcheol sighed heavily as they both picked a drumstick too.

"This really isn't necessary," Seungcheol mumbled.

I shake my head in disapproval, "This is necessary. You just joined the team you really want! Isn't that something to be celebrated?"

"What you did is already enough, you don't have to buy this many for me," Seungcheol said.

"Me and Shua shared for the expenses so don't worry too much and just enjoy, alright?" I said. Joshua turned to me, brows furrowed in confusion and I just smiled at him.

"We can ju—"

"Hep!" I quickly interrupted Seungcheol. I handed him another drumstick, right to his mouth, "don't talk. Let's just eat, okay?"

He heaved a sigh of defeat. I grinned inwardly.

"Why is it only the three of us anyway? We should've called the others," Joshua said.

I shrugged, feeling a bit annoyed as I remembered something once again, "I don't know."

They both eyed me weirdly but I chose to ignore it. I might get angry if I talk about them, and we're having such a good mood right now to ruin it.

Just then, Seungcheol's phone rang. He took it out of his pocket. He raised his head, mouthing to us, "It's coach," which both me and Joshua nodded upon. He excused himself out of the room to answer the call.

When Seungcheol left the room, Joshua quickly asked me, "Are you not in good terms with Jun or Minghao?"

"No, it's not like that."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Let me rephrase the question: are you mad at Jun and Minghao?"

I heaved a sigh.

"I really don't know what to feel, Shua-ah," I honestly responded, "I don't know if I should be mad or I should understand them, but it really annoys me that they're leaving us out. I mean, I get that they're not in good terms, but should they really avoid us too?! Aren't we their friends too?" I frustratedly blurted out.

I tried my best not to show it, but I just can't help it. Like, aren't we their friends too? Aren't I their best friend? How could they just leave me alone?

I know I have Joshua and his friends and Seungcheol, but they were my best friends. We were friends even before they dated each other! How could they do this to me? I can help them if they want to, but it seems like they don't want me to interfere.

And it really frustrates me.

Seeing Minghao sitting with Mingyu and Seokmin from far away, and not knowing where Jun is every lunch and dinner time, it annoys me big time.

I was pulled out of my trance when I felt Joshua's hand softly caressing my shoulder, as if comforting me. My blood immediately cooled down at his soft, comforting hands.

"Calm down, Han. You need to understand them too. Maybe they really have a serious problem right now which made it hard for them to see each other," Joshua said softly.

"But they should atleast call me! Us! Not like this that I'm worrying where the hell are they! They doesn't even read my messages for fucks sake!"

"Tone down your profanities, please?" Joshua asked, looking at me softly.