Chapter 45: I Like Him

Seungcheol

"How come Seungkwan met his soulmate first than me," Seokmin grumbled as he continued staring at Vernon and Seungkwan who's on the very side of the table.

They were on their own world, talking about themselves, trying to get to know each other while the rest of us were crowded on the other side of the dining table, watching the two.

"Now, now, don't be impatient there, my friend. You'll get to know your soulmate eventually. Just wait," Soonyoung retorted, patting Seokmin's shoulder.

The younger one shot a glare at Soonyoung as he swat away his hand, "You're saying that because you've met yours already." Seokmin said.

"It's not my fault fate decided to show who my adorable and lovely soulmate is to me that early," Soonyoung nonchalantly replied.

We all visibly cringed at what he said, scoffing. Jihoon elbowed him from the side, cringing at him although his face was so red.

"What? I'm just telling the truth."

Jihoon just shook his head at his soulmate.

"Joshua hyung," Mingyu suddenly called out, making all of us turn to him. He blushed at the attention.

"Hmm?" Joshua hummed.

"Uh... can you tell me where's the bathroom?"

Joshua chuckled, "We don't have any common bathroom here. Come, I'll take you to my room instead." He stood up and beckoned Mingyu to follow him.

I followed them as they disappeared, my brows furrowed.

"Wonwoo."

I snapped my head towards our friends. I just realized I was staring at Joshua and Mingyu's retreating figures. I quickly turned to my friends to see if any of them had seen me staring. I sighed in relief when all of them had their attention on Jihoon.

"Hmm?" Wonwoo looked at Jihoon who called him.

"Are you and Mingyu..."

Wonwoo's face flushed as his eyes averted away from all of us, "What about me and... him?"

"Are you in a relationship already? Did you finally accept him?" Jihoon continued his question.

It made Wonwoo blushed even more, but he still shook his head, "We're not!" he responded quickly.

"Why is he here then? None of us had thought of inviting him because of you." Minghao said.

Wonwoi gulped nervously, "Why am I in the hot seat now..."

"Just answer!" Jihoon, Minghao and Jeonghan exclaimed at the same time, making us jump a bit in our seats in surprise. Even Vernon and Seungkwan who's talking a bit away from us got startled but we just motioned them to continue talking which they quickly did.

"Geez, fine, fine. You don't need to shout," Wonwoo said, rolling his eyes, "I was the one who invited Mingyu to join us. Happy?"

"No. We want more," Jeonghan said, "were you fine with him already?"

Wonwoo shot a glare to Jeonghan, "I almost forgot, you were the one who set us up!"

I chuckled when I remembered Jeonghan's scheme to make Mingyu and Wonwoo talk. Seems like it worked seeing Wonwoo was the one who invited Mingyu here, although they weren't interacting at all.

"But it worked, didn't it?" Jeonghan replied.

Wonwoo scoffed.

"Wait, wait. We can't follow that. What do you mean Jeonghan hyung was the one who set you up? What happened?" Soonyoung chimed in, confused.