Chapter 30: Not Anymore

Seungcheol

I grunted in pain when I carelessly sat up from where I am lying down. I panicked for a bit when I saw white walls, white ceiling and a machine beside me, that's why I sat up. But my feet suddenly hurts.

I stayed still for a moment, recalling what the fuck happened for me to be confined here in a hospital.

Football. Practice. Hyungwon. Jeonghan.

Right.

The football players teamed up against me, which causes me to be injured. Then coach and Jeonghan brought me here.

Speaking of Jeonghan...

Where is he? I thought he'll stay here with me.

Not wanting to stay in this gloomy and lonely place that is surrounded with a plain white color all over the room, I sat up to go find Jeonghan, only to grunt again because of my swollen feet.

Fucking Hyungwon and his friends. Now I have to wait for this to heal before I can play aga—

My eyes slowly grew bigger as realization hits me.

I won't be able to play on the upcoming game.

I bet I sprained my ankle, and a mild one usually heals for three weeks. If it's moderate, it's more than a month.

Oh, damn it. Just when I thought I'll finally be able to play...

I slumped back on the bed, feeling all dejected as I think about it. I just want to fucking play, why can't they just let me?

The door of the room where I am slowly clicked open, and Jeonghan's head peek in.

"You're awake," he said, allowing himself to come inside. He closed the door and went to my side, "are you feeling better?"

I averted my eyes from his, "I won't be able to play right?" I asked, ignoring his question.

He heaved a sigh which clearly shows the answer to my question and it made me feel even worse than earlier.

"Should I just leave the team, then?" I asked in wonder.

I saw him abruptly turning to me, eyes wide open in surprise, "Why would you? Are you kidding me, Cheol? You just joined!"

"Exactly. That's the point. I just joined the team and I was injured already, making me unable to play," I replied, "what's the point of joining a team who hates me, anyway."

"No, Cheol. We'll figure something out. But you are not leaving," he firmly muttered. He was about to cross his arms, but he quickly put it in his back. He then cleared his throat, raising an eyebrow at me, "I didn't went all through that mess just for you to give up."

My brow raised too, "Mess? What do you mean?"

He looks surprised at what I asked. His eyes widened a bit in realization, but his expression quickly turned back to his previous resting bitch face.

"No, it's nothing," he answered, as if he's hiding something from me.

I squinted my eyes at him, "What happened while I'm resting?"