Chapter 48: Cold War

Seungcheol

I heaved out a deep sigh after I finished jotting down the notes we need for our individual recitation tomorrow. 

"Are you finished, Seungcheol hyung?" 

I nodded at Mingyu while stretching out my body. Ah, it feels so good to stretch after a long time of bending and writing.

"Should we leave now? My head hurts just by the sight of those books," Seokmin said.

Jihoon huffed, "You weren't even doing anything other than annoying the hell out of me. I was about to kick the both of you out if it wasn't for Seungcheol hyung."

I chuckled at that.

"It's so fun to tease you, Jihoonie! You're so cute when you're mad, and you looked so hot when you're glaring at me," Soonyoung suddenly blurted out while staring dreamily at his soulmate.

Jihoon blushed and looked away while the rest of us snorted in disgust. Seokmin even pretended to gag.

"Ok, that's it! We're leaving!" Seokmin exclaimed before he stood up. Soonyoung only chuckled at his reaction.

The rest of us packed our things as Wonwoo went to put back the book he took. As we wait for him to return, I packed Joshua's things since I'm pretty sure he's already finished.

"Oh, Joshua hyung. We were just about to leave," Minghao said.

I looked up and saw Joshua's approaching figure. My forehead creased when I saw him walking to us with his head hung low.

"I already packed your things since I know you finished already," I informed him while handing his bag.

He took it and let out a small smile, "Thanks."

"Are you alright, hyung?" Jun asked.

I thought I was the only one that noticed, but then Joshua wasn't really subtle.

Joshua didn't answer. He just stared blankly at his bag.

"Josh," I softly called him, "did something happen?" I worriedly asked.

He then lifted his head and I could clearly see his eyes which were filled with unshed tears.

"Hyung..." Our friends quickly approached Joshua but he stepped back.

"Don't. I'm... fine." Joshua muttered, averting his eyes away from us.

I held his shoulder tightly, "Joshua. What happened? Why are you tearing up? Did someone hurt you?"

He shook his head.

I let out a frustrated groan because of his lack of response.

"Jeonghan hyung followed you. He must've seen what happened," Mingyu said, "but where is he? Why isn't he with you?"

Joshua's shoulder suddenly fell as he looked down again.

"Joshua, please tell us what happened and where is Jeonghan? He told us he'll follow you," I said, almost pleading Joshua to speak.

To my surprise, he shoved my hands away from his shoulder as he stepped back, "Nothing happened. I'm fine, and Jeonghan... went somewhere." 

"Where?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I don't know. Just text him if you want to know. I need to leave. Thanks for packing my things, Seungcheol."

Seungcheol.

Now something's really wrong. He never calls me like that unless something is bothering him, or when he's really serious about something.

We just watched in confusion as Joshua slowly disappeared from our sight.