Chapter 35: Remediation

Joshua

"Why don't you just buy crutches for Seungcheol hyung instead of carrying him everywhere he goes?" Wonwoo asked as we sat on the bleachers at the field to watch the football team practice since Seungcheol wants to see them play.

"I've been telling them that but they're too stubborn. Even the doctor told me to use one but Jeonghan refused," Seungcheol said, eyes not leaving the game.

"We insist on helping him," Jeonghan simply replied.

"I'm not saying that Seungcheol hyung is a bother, but doesn't it bother you? No offense meant, hyung," Jun said.

"None taken," Seungcheol responded nonchalantly.

I turned to answer Jun, "It's not a bother. Don't worry."

They just shrugged, diverting their eyes back at the game.

"Hyungwon is going to come back later, right?" Seungcheol blurted out after a few minutes of silence.

My eyes immediately darted to look at Jeonghan.

He already assured us that everything is taken care of already. That we don't need to worry anymore. He said Hyungwon was already stripped off his title. Seungcheol found out about it when their coach gathered them for a meeting. Though Hyungwon is not the captain anymore, they didn't kick him out of the team. He was an ace player so it's a big loss for them to lose him.

We keep on asking Jeonghan how he did it, but he just answered us with, "You don't need to know. What's important is everything's fine already." We couldn't get more answers from him, so we just decided to let it go.

He's right anyway. What's important now is that we're all together again.

And that we have a new addition in our group.

"Joshua hyung! Joshua hyung!"

Speaking of new addition...

We all turned our heads towards the voice who called me. Soonyoung's bright smile illuminated his features as he approached our direction.

He's been hanging out a lot with us ever since the three of them made up. Wonwoo isn't bitter anymore nor feeling awkward around him. However, they don't talk that much either.

He and Jeonghan are still bickering around, but I know Jeonghan is slowly loosening and maybe, adoring him too. Well, who wouldn't? Soonyoung is so adorable. Especially when he smiles so wide, his eyes form into a slant line.

"Oh, Soonyoung. Why?" I asked him when he stopped in front of me.

He glanced past my shoulders first, waving to a certain someone before turning his attention to me, "Remember what I asked you last week?"

My brows knitted in confusion as I recalled what he was pertaining to.

"You forgot?" He asked, pouting.

I scratched my nape in embarrassment, "Sorry... I've been too preoccupied this week."

"Nah, it's alright," he smiled, "anyway, I asked you a favor if you can help Seokmin with his remediation. Do you remember now?"

Oh, right. He asked me that last week.

"Yeah! I remember it now," I responded, "what about it?"

"Are you free right now? He said he needs to finish his Math remediation first because his teacher would give him another one."

I could feel our friends questioning gaze in my side as Soonyoung asked me. But I ignored it.

"Yes, I'm free right now. Where is he?"