Chapter 33: Mysterious

Seungcheol

"Are you hungry?" Joshua asked after he finished assembling the foods on the fridge and in the cabinet which is hung just on top of the counter.

As if on cue, my stomach suddenly grumbled. I smiled sheepishly at Joshua who just chuckled at me.

Gosh, that light chuckle.

I've been trying to ignore this growing feeling inside of me because I didn't want to ruin anything between me and Joshua. But every action he made is making my heart go wild. His smile, his laugh, his voice. Just everything.

Earlier in my apartment's balcony, I almost did something I would've regretted.

I almost kiss him on his lips.

With our face too close, I felt his hot breath. His alluring eyes that's staring straight into mine, I almost went insane. What's worse is when my eyes darted to his perfectly shaped lips. And so I did what I did, I ran away from him and hid inside my bathroom.

It was true I wasn't avoiding him. I'm just... distancing myself not to look at him once again. Because my heart would really explode if I get to look at him so closely, and I wouldn't be able to stop myself from kissing his lips.

Which is something that can ruin our friendship. The friendship I treasured so much.

On top of all that, I think everything just seemed so fast.

So I'd rather keep this with me.

"Do you want to eat some noodles or what, or do you prefer to eat at the cafeteria?" Joshua asked me again.

"Can we just eat here?" I asked, "but I want the food from the cafeteria..." I added in a low voice.

He chuckled, "Sure thing, Cheol. Whatever you want." He said, ruffling my hair before he stood up and fished out his phone from his pocket.

My lips parted as I clutched my chest, my heart whirling frantically as I stared at his back. Was it necessary to smile and chuckle like that?

"Hi Wonwoo. Uh... can I ask you a favor?" Joshua asked on the phone, glancing at me shortly, "do you mind bringing a dinner for two for me and Cheol here in his room? Yes, we just got back. Anything's fine, as long as it's edible. What is it?" he stopped for a moment then he turned to me. Putting away his phone, he asked me, "Cheol, is it alright to bring more people here? They want to see you."

My heart softens and I felt an unfamiliar yet wonderful feeling of warmth crept on my chest as I processed in my mind what Joshua said.

They want to see you.

That just feels so great.

I nodded my head at him, "Of course. I don't mind."

He smiled and turned to talk to Wonwoo once again while my mind drifted again, dwelling about the words Joshua had said.

They want to see you.

I am so engrossed in having Joshua and Jeonghan beside me that I almost forgot I also have friends beside them who worry about me. Maybe it's because the three of us have been closer for the past few weeks and the others avoided us that it made me forget temporarily that I also have few other people who care about me.