Chapter 33

The Puja for Shiv Ratri was going on. Aditya was too busy talking to the members of Ekotro. He and Ashok made all the arrangements for everyone. The Puja would go on for few more hours and like every other year Aditya was getting impatient to she Ambika. He always wanted her to be as free as every other soul but every time that seemed impossible. Finally this time when she got the opportunity somehow he did not like it. He didn't like the thought that someone else was getting concerned about his Ambika.

He called out for Ashok and they had some sort of an eye to eye conversation. Then he very tactfully handled everything and slowly moved out of the crowd.

The tiny figure kept looking out of the window for so long that her eyes closed without her consent and she was fast asleep. She kept sitting on the bed on her haunches and her face fell on her hands on the window sill. Her curls covered her face so much so that the man who crept inside her room couldn't even see her face properly.

He slowly climbed into the bed and very carefully moved a few strands of her curls from her face. He couldn't stop looking at this beautiful thing. A part in him was ready to continue looking at her for the rest of his life but he knew something even more important was waiting for her. He brought his face close to hers and closing his eyes pecked her on her forehead. Then he whispered her name "Ambika..hey sweetheart, wake up. Don't you wanna see the Puja?" And as if out of adrenaline she jumped out of the bed and said " You are late Aditya..fast.. fast .. fast.. let's go."
Her extraordinary busyness made him smile. He shook his head and said "come here." But she was so engrossed in drawing the curtains that she hardly heard him and that's what always made him impatient. He closed his eyes and held his breath for a few seconds.
If it was in his hands he would have kept her in his arms for an eternity but she always made that so difficult and that irritated him.
"Amu!" This time he said it so loudly that Ambika got startled. And before she could move one step further she was suddenly pulled into his hard chest.
"Didn't I tell you I can't handle this." Aditya whispered in a much lowered voice. He closed his eyes and snuggled his nose in her neck. "Stay still, stay with me like this, stay in my arms. Let me love you." He mumbled and she chuckled.
"What!? What's so funny?" Aditya smiled.
"Its just that I like it whenever you get angry and call me 'Amu'." She said shyly and he hugged her tighter.

¤¤¤¤¤

He was not at all concerned about his look. All he wanted was to listen to the soothing sound of her 'nupur'. He did not get to hear it from the afternoon. He was so eagerly waiting for any sound that when he finally got ready with his maroon kurta and off-white pajama he decided to wait for a few more minutes for it. But to his dismay nothing of that sort occurred. Disappointed he finally got ready to get downstairs when suddenly the main door opened and Aditya appeared in a navy blue kurta and white pajama.

But why would he come back to the mansion when the main Puja should be starting anytime now?

Every nerve in his body turned hyperactive when he saw him walking towards her room. He waited there for a few more minutes and followed him till her room. Aditya closed the room from inside. But the tiny leak was enough for him.

The first thing he saw mesmerized him so much so that he almost forgot about the purpose he was there. His tiny bundle of curls was half sitting half sleeping. Whenever he came close to her this uncontrollable hunger began. His fingers were itching to touch her curls and devour her beauty. But what he was thinking his counterpart was literally living the same.

He saw Aditya slowly climbing into the bed and very carefully moving a few strands of her curls from her face.

He turned around. This was becoming difficult for him with every passing minute. He found it absurd. A tiny girl was giving him such a hard time.

He walked a few steps and suddenly the sound of her nupur took over his senses, as if out of a trance he paused there. A few more minutes passed by listening to the soothing sound and suddenly his trance broke.
"Amu!" the sudden loud voice of Aditya made him curious and he went back to the door to witness a scene that shook him to the core.

Ambika was suddenly pulled by Aditya into his chest. She wounded her arms around him with ease.
"Didn't I tell you I can't handle this." Aditya whispered. Then he closed his eyes and snuggled his nose in her neck and whispered again "Stay still, stay with me like this, stay in my arms. Let me love you." She chuckled.
"What!? What's so funny?" He could see Aditya smile.

It was the smile of satisfaction. The kind of satisfaction that one could get only if he had the luck to hold her in his arms.

"Its just that I like it whenever you get angry and call me Amu." She said shyly and he hugged her tighter.

Pratap's throat started stinging. A sharp feeling of nausea overwhelmed his senses. He clenched his eyes and a tiny drop of water made its way out to the floor.