Chaptet : 66

The bed was empty, the room was cold and she was nowhere to be found. Dev's heart beat increased. A weird suffocation overpowered the immense pain he was feeling inside his stomach just a few minutes back. He started taking sharp inhales, as if the air left his lungs. His bloodshot eyes teared up. The pain in them was unsurpassable. He held the left side of his chest with his right hand with the hope of soothing the growing pain inside him.

"Where is Teressa?" Arjun announced his arrival from behind him.

"She left. S-SHE LEFT!" Dev screamed as he kneeled down on the floor holding his head in both of his hands.

"Hey, man, get up. I promise we'll find her. Why would she leave in the first place?" Arjun asked seemingly worried about the whole situation.

"I knew she would do something like this. I saw it in her eyes. The guilt. Fuck, why didn't I keep her with me?!" He cursed himself panting for air.

"Shit!" Arjun responded throwing his head backwards and looking at the ceiling.

"The car.. I can't let her do this. She can't do this to me. She's all I have. I have to track her down. I have to. You can't abandon me like this Teressa." Dev kept mumbling to himself as his body started shaking and he suddenly stood up and ran outside without even sparing a single glance towards Arjun.

Arjun's eyes were fixed on Dev although. The way Dev's eyes turned into the same old animalistic one, the one that buried the human somewhere deep inside him, as if Teressa's absence flipped a switch hidden within him. Furrowing his eyebrows he released a shaky breath. Without wasting another second he ran after him.

As he went outside his eyes fell on Dev, who was standing like statue holding the car door open. His eyes were fixed to the ground. He was deep into his thoughts when Arjun approached him. Startled, he looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Is everything okay?" Arjun asked.

"You take this car. If you find her anywhere around, just give me a call." Dev said. This confused Arjun because the way he ran out of the room it seemed like he was on the verge of losing sanity. Then what changed?

"You won't come?" Arjun asked looking at him curiously.

"I have a weird gut feeling that's pulling me towards the wood Arjun. Also I can't take any chances, so you take the car, I am going inside the wood." He answered turning towards the wood with an otherworldly determination in his eyes.

"You sure?" Arjun asked, to which he nodded striding towards his destination.

The closer he got the more restless he felt. It's a kind of frenzy that started controlling him from within. He couldn't feel the pain, neither could he feel the cold breeze that kept attacking him. He ran and let his nerves direct his senses. The honey brown eyes were narrowed with resolution.

¤¤¤¤¤

With each stair his resolution was getting stronger. Either he gets her back or he destroys everything. His clenched jaw, his arched eyebrows beautifully furrowed, exuded nothing but determination.

The muffled sobs drew his attention back to the earth and his shoulders  relaxed for once before immediately turning tensed.

"....I trusted on you. Then why Shiva? Why did you watch everything sitting here idly? Why couldn't you save us?!" Teressa screamed in pain, startling him. And he ran upstairs.

"I loved him....I love him.... You knew I did. Why can't I get the slightest bit of happiness? What curse is this? Why did you even bring me here at the first place?!" His heart broke at her words, it broke even more when he witnessed how broken she appeared even from behind. He knew she was in pain, he knew she was suffering but hearing her pouring her heart out was a totally different situation.