Chapter 14

Daivik:

"Who the hell let her go!?" I lost it totally, anger.. anger took over me. I was shaking and groaning like a madman. Without thinking twice I kicked the table in front of me. The lamp, the table watch everything broke into pieces. But it was not soothing enough, I was pacing around the dining space to calm myself down. I knew what I could do when it gets out of control. My eyes were burning, my head was pounding. I failed to control myself! I ran towards the guards and within a millisecond I pinned one of them to the nearest wall gripping his throat. I could see him choking to death and that was giving me a weird pleasure.

*Flashback *

I opened the door of the guest room and her intoxicating smell welcomed me. I entered and saw that she was not in her bed. I smiled and sat on the bed. "This little thing, always roams around here and there" I said to myself while picking up the blanket she covered herself with as I inhaled her smell. "Man, she smells awesome, like jasmine and vanilla.. a weird mixture but tasty for sure." My eyes were closed and then I opened it and my gaze fell directly on the bedside table. The lamp has a sticky note on it. I pulled that.

"Mr. Nagpati,
Sorry that I couldn't wait. I was getting worried about my aunt. I hope you would consider. Thank you very much for your hospitality. I will always be grateful.
Teressa."

For a second I failed to realize what did it mean and then I was groaning. I crumpled the paper and threw it hard on the floor. My jaw clenched. I stood up. "Grateful, is it?" I smirked. I knew something was happening. Something weird. The same feeling that I had long time ago. My whole body was shaking. I ran my fingers through my hair and kicked hard on the door. The next thing I remember was that I was holding one of the guards to the wall and a frenzy began. I could see his eyes rolling upwards, and could feel his rapid heartbeat. He was unable to breathe. When someone shouted from behind.

"Dev!! Stop it, he is dying."

"I don't want to know whether he is dying or not. He let her go without my permission. He took her away from me.. he will pay!" I growled.

"He didn't, I did. Choke me to death then sir!"

I whipped my head behind me, leaving the man's limp body.

"You?? You let her go Pratima ji?" I was panting and sweating badly.

"Yes, I did sir." She said lowering her head.
This made me angrier. Why would she of all people do this to me.

"Why?" I asked her through gritted teeth. I knew now I really have to control myself. She was like my own grandmother, I couldn't hurt her.

"She wanted to see her aunt. She was nervous Dev. I couldn't refuse her pleading eyes and I really didn't understand that her presence could be this important to you." She sighed.

But I was still unable to control it. Within a blink of an eye I turned behind and punched hard on the wooden door making a big hole. She continued looking at me in surprise or was it fear? I didn't look at her and started walking towards the main staircase. When she suddenly said,

"she loves kids. She seemed interested in our pre-school."

I paused for a moment as the small information brought my infamous smirk back on my face. Pratima ji was brilliant. I didn't look back and started climbing the stairs.

*The next morning*

*Aunt's house*

Daivik:

"Mrs. Bhutiya, I have already said what I wanted to say. If you want I can repeat it once again. I WANT TO MARRY HER. I WANT TO MARRY.... TERESSA." Her jaw dropped, she was shocked.
"Let me get straight to the point. She always seems worried about you and this bakery shop. I don't want anything to cause her worry. So I'll make a deal. I want a PARTNERSHIP with you in this business of yours." I continued looking at her face expectantly.

"I will be immensely happy if a person like you marries her but she is too small for all these. She has already witnessed a lot for her age. I don't want to force her into anything. This should be her decision. And about the bakery, I can't go on a partnership with you Mr. Nagpati. This bakery means a lot  to me. I have always wanted to turn it into a cafe but couldn't. I am all alone. My husband has passed away, my son stopped contacting me and above all I'm bedridden. Now all I have is this bakery and Teressa." I watched her as she wiped out a drop of tear from her cheek.
"Fine! I heard you. Now, you listen to me very carefully ma'am. I WILL MARRY HER NO MATTER WHAT. You are very important to her as a result you become important to me too. If you don't want a partnership I'll be happy to provide you with everything as a well wisher but I know you might not accept that. And I hope you have heard of me. If you do you should also know that if I want to do anything to your bakery truly, I don't even need to discuss it with you. But I respect you, you have taken her responsibility without thinking twice. I am giving you only two options. Please select any one of them and don't make me force myself into it."
I took a deep breath jotting down my courage as forcing her into it would be the only choice left to me if she didn't agree and I really wanted to go easy on her. But finally I had to say I said.
"You let me do everything without any partnership or go on a partnership with me I will help you as much as you need, either way I'll be there." I made my point clear to her.
"Why will you do all these things for me?" She looked at me totally surprised.
"Not you actually, I'm helping myself." I said as calmly as possible. "The answer is I LIKE TERESSA and want her around me always. She wanted to continue her studies but as it is already middle of the session she won't be able to cope with it right now. She needs to wait for the coming session. Till that time I would like to appoint her as a teacher in my pre-school. That way she will be able to live her dream life as a teacher and I will be able to see and protect her all the time. Your bakery business depends on her now and due to this she is unable to do things that she deserve. That's why I would like to take care of your bakery and you. I hope I have explained myself." She was stunned. I could see that written on her face.
She left a deep breath and looked at me. I could tell that she was completing the puzzle inside her mind. I waited for a few more minutes in silence and finally she broke it.
"I am old now. I love Teressa and respect her decisions. She is a very responsible girl. But I admit that I was acting selfishly. She should live her life and I would like to see her running a happy family. Your words are provoking me to dream big for her. The sincerity with which you said everything seemed genuine to me." She paused and my breath hitched in my throat in anticipation.
"Okay. I agree to go on a partnership with you but again you will never force her to marry you. If she doesn't feel like marrying you, I expect you to respect her decision. This is my part of the deal. Do you agree?" She looked at me with her experienced eyes.
I nodded and said in my mind, "she can never be someone else's ma'am, she has to be MINE and that's fixed." I smiled at her and she smiled back at me.