Chapter 2

Triss:

The next morning I woke up with a severe back pain and realized that jumping on the ground like a maniac is obviously not fun. But the fun fact is that today is Sunday and I will be seeing my one and only friend in Kurseong and also a regular customer of my aunt's Bakery shop. I immediately got freshened up and decided to were a full sleeve black kurti and a white patiyala pant with my unmanageable curly hair into a ponytail. I got ready and went to see my aunt.. she was sitting on her bed.. " Well hellllo beautiful .. how are you doing today?" I asked with a hearty smile.. displaying all my teeth.. " You look beautiful.. not me.. come here .. sit beside me for a while.." she said with her eyes filled with sympathy for the girl who lost everything. " You are happy aren't you Teressa? Please say that I could at least give you that if not anything.. with this illness I feel so helpless.. you could have been living your life like a girl of your age should.. instead of taking these much of burden.. I am so sorry.. " she said .. tears welling up in her eyes. " You have already given me so much that if I asked for more people would have called me selfish. I am so happy here.. everything seems fresh.. true.. the trees the mountains.. the waterfalls.. the street dogs.. the people.. everything." I said smiling at her. " You forgot to mention Manik.." she said with a naughty smile . " Aunt.. obviously he is also a part.. he is my only friend.. if not for him I would have been totally alone.. he is a genuine good guy.. but you should never forget that he is committed and also only a very good friend.. okay?" I asked with a force that she couldn't help but started smiling then she said " okay.. very well explained." " Now I am getting down to the shop.. till then you wait for your husband Julian to come.." I said smiling back at her.. and left for the shop looking forward to see Manik.

It was raining again.. rain is something that is really common in this place, Kolkata used to be filled with sunlight and that never ending cacophony. This place is silent.. pure.. as if you can directly communicate to the mother nature. I was thinking all these when that white Mercedes stopped in front of the shop and out came the star of the show Manik. His mere presence lifts my mood up.. " Hello there.." the man in front of me shouted out from the other side of the road.. he was wearing a white T with a blue denim. His muscles are not something one can ignore.. and also those cute dimples on his rough face. He looked at me happily with those puppy eyes of his and said " I'm so sorry.. this fucking rain is the reason behind me being late today.. trust me.." I smiled at his reaction " and a very acceptable excuse sir.." I said sarcastically and punched his left arm lightly. " You look beautiful woman.. don't do this to me every day you know.. I might fall for you.." he said with that charming smile pasted to his face. " You flirt.. do you want me to report it all to Nina.. ?" I said pretending to be very much angry. " Oh.. she won't mind.. we are quite open to each other you know.. besides healthy flirting is always good you know.." he winked at me. " Now.. what will I bring you today.. coffee and..??" I said curiously.. " and 'you' for change..".. he said and ran to hide behind the tree trunk.. " I'll kill you today Manik..".. I said running after him. We spent the rest of the day talking about this and that. He is a kind of person one can rely to.. he is trustworthy. I trust him a lot. He has always been close to my aunt, previously when my father was alive we used to come here once every year, I know him from those days. He loves to eat whatever I cook.. and I love cooking for him. " Now.. get ready.. we'll go out today.. ".. said Manik. " But aunt is not feeling well Manik.. should we postpone it?".. I said as I was really worried. " Then first let me see her.. and then we'll decide.. happy?" he asked sincerely. " Yes, that can be done.." I assured him.

Few minutes later we were sitting beside aunt on her bed.. " so what do you think .. should I take her with me today.. or you need her to be here.. be honest lady.. no lies please. " Manik was looking expectantly to my aunt. " I feel totally fine today.. please take this boring girl out somewhere.. she needs to enjoy a bit.. always behaves like a grandma.. " aunt said smiling and patting my head. " But..".. my words were interrupted by aunt " no but .. you are going.. and that's final.. now go and get ready."