Chapter 10

Triss:

I was feeling really weak and it was really surprising for me. I had a history of nervous breakdown, it began with my father's first attack. That was a severe situation though. But after that everytime I faced this situation it was nothing more than a mere headache and a mild weakness. I can't really understand the whole black out situation today. However, I was getting worried about Bruno. Although Manik told me that he kept him in his room, I just wanted to see him once.

I was sitting on the bed which was allotted to me, in their guest room. It was around 1.30 AM, but I had slept a lot earlier, probably that's why I was not feeling sleepy anymore. I tried hard to stand up but I was still feeling a little tipsy, as if all the energy has been drained out from my body. Anyhow I stood up feebly and made my way towards the door. The woman assigned to check on me fell asleep out of tiredness probably. I felt sorry for her. If only I was okay she could have had a normal relaxing sleep.

I opened the door as lightly as possible, careful not to disturb her sleep. Finally I got to get out of that room without making any noise. I took support from the railing. I started searching for Manik's room throughout the corridor. The whole house was lightly illuminated with a yellowish hue. He told me that his room is located at the very end of the corridor so it was not that difficult.

But this whole surrounding, seemed too familiar to me. Only if I had the option I would have stayed here. These walls, stairs, railings.. they are so welcoming. I continued walking, it was obviously a long corridor and for me it was even longer as I was hardly able to walk. I was staring at every door I passed by and suddenly this black oak door seemed way too attractive, way too familiar. I couldn't help myself, as if paralyzed by something I stood there looking at the door. My hands automatically lifted upwards to touch it, as though I am not controlling it anymore. Tears welling up my eyes. A pain.. my heart was aching. The headache grew even stronger than before. I so wanted to open the door and get inside to see it. I was in a trance when a sudden cry shook me out of it.

"No.. no,no,no!!" The voice cried again, it came out from this room only. "Please, please breathe. Don't do this to me." The voice begged to someone. It was a man and he was in pain. Who was not breathing? What was going on? Should I get inside and check? Probably I shouldn't. I am not feeling well either, I should get going back to the guest room. I have to see Bruno tomorrow. I turned around to leave when the sound said something again and I froze. "Please kill me, I killed you, I killed Teressa. Punish me.. kill me. Please." Only then I recognized the voice that kept begging was no one but Daivik! My heart sank. But why on earth was he taking my name? Was there anyone else with the same name? I had to get inside. I turned around and knocked. The door did not open. I knocked again but again it was no use. The door was old but then I pushed it hard, really hard and to my surprise it actually got opened.

I was standing inside the room with my mouth agape. The man was blabbering all these things while being deep asleep? Was he having nightmares? Whatever it was he seemed really vulnerable at the moment. He was sweating badly, tears trailing down the sides of his eyes. His chest muscles were peeping out of that black blanket he covered his bare body with. His hand gripped tight on either side of the bed cover and not to mention he was still crying and stammering. Sometimes he uttered , "no..please breathe" and sometimes he begged to get punished or worse to get killed. I don't know why but I felt bad for him. Seeing him suffering like this was painful. I made my way towards him. I kneeled down beside his bed. I was feeling totally drained out. I had to keep my hold on the small table beside the bed to be stable. I leaned down a bit and placed my left hand on his chest and mumbled,  "it's okay, don't worry it's just a dream, it will pass. Everything will be back to normal again." To my surprise he answered back. "But.. but she's drowning again. I failed to save her again." He was scared. "Sorry for that, but no worries we will save her in the next dream, trust me." I was desperately trying to comfort him and he suddenly cupped my hand tightly inside his huge ones and said something that stunned me. "You promise, MOM?" His eyes were still closed, tears still trailing down drop by drop as if it has no end. He missed his mom so badly? Was he dreaming about her only? Poor Daivik. My eyes felt wet. He said again, "promise me,mom?" "I promise Daivik." As though instinctively it came out of my mouth. I felt so bad for him.

I knew how it feels not to have any of your parents around.  It hurts, pains a lot. But suddenly my eyes fell on the walls which I failed to notice previously. The window, I have seen it. "I used to open it," a voice inside me stated. I slowly pulled out my hand from his grip. I want to go to that window. I placed my hand flat on the small table to support myself to stand up. I was almost successful when the candleholder fell from the table and the brown hooded pair of eyes opened instantly.

I knew I have just awakened the walking trouble. His dark eyes were fixed on me as he frowned. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night Teressa?" He demanded to know. His cold voice gave me goosebumps. I panicked and also I was feeling dizzy. "You were having nightmares. You were in pain." God save me, I knew I shouldn't have said that. But then it was me and I hardly had any sense of filter. His eyes were ablaze. I bet he wanted to kill me at that very moment but for some reasons he just misbehaved. "Get out from my room, right now!" He shouted on me. "And for future  references, I don't need anyone's consoling." He said through gritted teeth and I knew it's time to leave so I  tried to move out as fast as possible. My head was giving me a hard time. I held my left hand on the wall for few seconds or so. The dizziness wasn't helping at all when he mumbled something again. I couldn't hear it clearly at the first instance and looked back at him. Probably he understood and came towards me. "Look at yourself, you're unable to even walk properly. Sit on the bed." He ordered but his voice was totally different now, it was comforting. I looked at him with wide eyes. "Stop looking like that and sit here.. come hold my arm." He lend me his right arm and I took that. He made sit on the bed. "Drink some water." He handed me a glass of water from that small table as he kneeled down in front of me. "Why were you roaming around like that? Can't you understand that you are weak tonight. You should've stayed in your bed." His eyes were filled with concern. Ironically he was the one who asked me to get lost just few seconds ago. This man had some serious issues. "I was worried about Bruno. I didn't see him for a long while. I missed him." I said as he frowned. "That puny dog again!" He said and I argued, "he is not puny! And he is smart and he loves me." I might've mistaken, did I just see a hint of smile on his face?