Chapter 11

Triss:

I finished a full glass of water. “Do you want to go back to your aunt tomorrow ?” Daivik asked sincerely and I nodded. “Then you have to sleep. Roaming around the mansion will not help.” He was staring at me without blinking. As usual I could not keep looking into his eyes, they make me feel uncomfortable, I don’t know why. I was totally looking at my glass as though I was doing some kind of a research work on it when suddenly my nerves went numb. I felt his hands on my forehead, he was tugging a strand of my curls behind my ears, his touch was gentle but the sensation that was going through my nerves, was totally unique to me. I felt his eyes on my lips. I tried to look up but couldn’t, instead I kept looking at his bare chest, his God level perfect abs when he startled me again.

“Look at me, look into my eyes.” His husky voice was so demanding. I tried but failed again. He placed his hand gently below my chin and lifted my face up so now I had to look into his eyes and God knows they were worth every attention. His eyes were already dark but they turned darker, they were deep and beautiful. “ Why don’t you look at my eyes?... Why have you come inside my room? … Why do you care if I have a nightmare?” He whispered and with every word he was leaning closer to me. Now I could feel his warm breath on my face. As though he was a magnet, I was failing to pull myself out of this trance. His smell mesmerized me, it was refreshing. My eyes were striving to stay open and his were already closed.

“This is wrong! What the hell am I doing? He is Manik’s brother. It has already  been enough embarrassing, I should stop here.” I said in my mind and as if instinctively my hand pushed his hard chest. “Mr.Nagpati!” I whispered and he jumped back as though he has been hit by the reality very hard. He was panting badly. He held his right hand on his heart, his face faced the ceiling and his eyes closed shut. I started to stand up.

“Enough embarrassment for today, let’s get going to the bed.” I said in my mind. “Where are you going?” He asked, his eyes still closed. “T-t-to the guest room?” I mumbled, obviously I was feeling ashamed, more than ashamed. He immediately turned and started coming towards me. My breath seized in my throat. “No, no, no.. let me stay away from him. I can smell trouble whenever he is around.” I cried in my mind. “Let me take you back to your bed. Come.” He wound his hand around my shoulder and I shivered. “And .. for future references, you do not need to call me Mr. Nagpati. This is Dev for you.” He said while his face remained as blank as a paper and my eyes went wide again. “Stop doing this. This, playing with your eyes all the time.” His voice was still husky and intoxicating.

He continued looking straight. I didn’t feel like answering him, he was intimidating and probably I’ll never be able to jot up my courage to look at him straight. “Weirdo!” I muttered in my breath. “I heard you.” He was still not looking at me and my cheeks went red like a tomato.

The door of the guest room was already open. “Are you a professional thief or something? How did you even get out of this room with her sitting just in the very front of it?” His face was always this wooden. How could a person keep being this expressionless all the time? But then it triggered. “Did you just call me a thief?” I looked at him accusingly and he did not bother looking back at me, he was too busy making my bed again. “Then what should I call you? Not only you opened this room, you entered into mine when I was asleep.” He did have a point, “I could be a great thief I guess. But I never took this profession seriously. Now your words are making me reconsider my decisions.” I said sarcastically and he looked at me with a smirk. “With that face of yours, nobody would have taken you seriously. It would be better if you stop the thought of reconsidering here only.” He shook his head as if he is dealing with a small stubborn child or something. ”W-what is wrong with my face? I think I am not that bad at least.” I said angrily. “That is what I wanted to point out furball.” He looked at me still with that smirk pasted on his face. “Who is this furball now?” I asked as if to verify whether he just coined a pet name for me. “None of your business FURBALL!” He said with more emphasis on that word. “I am not!” I tried to protest but then he just lifted me up in his embrace bridal style startling me up to the core. “What the hell? Put me down Mr. Nagpati! ” I shouted and the lady inside my room woke up at once from her deep slumber. And the very moment she witnessed the scenario I could bet her jaw dropped. The shock was visible on her face. I was struggling badly in his arms and then he put me down on the bed gently. While covering me with the blanket he looked at the woman and uttered, “go back to your room,  your shift ends here.” The woman nodded and immediately left us alone there. He turned to face me again, his eyes were glued to mine. He started leaning closer again. I closed my eyes shut and was about to turn my face to the other side when his lips came way too close to my ear. “Last warning..” he whispered in that intoxicating manner again. “Call me Dev. I don’t allow disobedience at all.” He pulled his face away just to look back into my eyes. “Say it. Say my name” he demanded. It was really uncomfortable for me. What does this man want? He said again, “say it Teressa!” I was feeling nervous, rather I was scared of him. Although I tried, “D-Dev!” I whispered and started looking at my hands on my lap. I could feel his eyes piercing a hole in me but I truly couldn’t look at his eyes. “This will do for today.” He stood up and turned to leave and I left a sigh of relief, when he turned back to face me again, “not so soon furball.” He dragged the chair close to the bed, in which the lady was sitting a few minutes back. He sat in that and smirked at me. His eyes suddenly turned serious. “The way you roam around with this fragile body of yours who knows by tomorrow morning you might vaporize. I cannot take that risk. Sleep comfortably Teressa. Wake up healthy tomorrow.” With that he hung his head backwards to the chair and raised his right arm to cover his eyes. I don’t know what should have been the right feeling but I did not feel uncomfortable anymore.

Manik:

I tried my level best but I couldn’t sleep. Why do I need to go to Mr. Gilbertson all of a sudden. This is just unfair. It has been so long I sent that mail. I always rechecked my mailbox. But for the last few weeks I didn’t feel like checking it at all. I felt satisfied being here with Triss. The foods she made for me, the coffees, those teasing her and seeing her shout on me, I have got attached. I want her so bad. I don’t want to leave her alone anymore. But I don’t really have any other options. Six months, six months only, I’ll come back to you kiddo. And I’ll also tell you the truth, there is no Nina but only Triss. The only girl I’ve ever wanted to wrap in arms forever.

I woke up, it was 5.30 AM in the morning. I couldn’t wait to see my kiddo. I took Bruno in my arms and took a walk towards the guest room. While walking I found Dev bhai's room wide open. Where could he be? I passed by and reached at the door of the guest room. I slightly pushed it, being careful so that I do not wake her up. The door opened and something hit my gut pretty hard. This is impossible! Did he really sleep here all night? Where is the maid? What is going on? Is this really Daivik Raj Nagpati? Is this some sort of a business plan to him? What the hell is he playing at? He intentionally hurt her last night. Even when he saw her condition. Now he is sleeping here in this fucking chair? No!I won’t let him do anything to Triss, my Triss. No one can harm her, not even my OWN BROTHER!

‐-‐------------------------------------------------------------

Dear readers,

I hope you are liking the progress. This is the first time I am publishing my work. Your suggestions will help me understand what more should be done. So please feel free to share your opinions. I really hope you enjoy it.♥️🙂

Lots of love.