Chapter 48

The woods..
She was running through the woods. Her nupur kept making a beautiful sound.

Black

An occasion..
A lot of people were talking to each other and others were busy doing things. They seemed happy.

Black

A tiny room..
A small window overlooking the woods.
Sounds of waterfall.

Balck

A huge room..
A king sized bed.
A wall, and an enthralling painting of a curly haired woman from behind, sitting on padmasana. Wearing Rudrakshas.

Balck

Someone was shouting from far away..

Black

"I am ashamed that I ever loved you. How did I fail to see this Devil for so many years?" She was walking backwards. But she should not, it was the end of the cliff there.

"You did it for me?! I am the reason?! Aren't I? Fine then, let's end the reason today." She said while sobbing insanely.

Her face was not visible. But every feeling of hers could be felt and understood.

"No.. you won't dare to do that Amu!" Shouted the man infront her, his deep voice was filled with panic and his honey brown eyes were filled with pain.

"You have to pay for what you did Aditya!" She cried as loudly as possible. Her voice echoed through the woods.

Teressa snapped her eyes open. She was panting. Her eyes were filled with tears and her face was filled with sweat drops. What was this? Who were they? So many questions clouded her mind. But there was only one thing that she was certain about, the mansion. It was the Nagpati mansion she saw in her dream. She sat up straight and slowly turned her head only to find a deep asleep Dev on the wooden chair. His head hung backwards and both of his hands were crossed over his chest. He seemed tired. His face and hands were filled with bruises.

But this was her chance. She knew she had to. There was something in this house that she always felt but couldn't pinpoint. The woods, they always attracted her way too much. There had to be something that was drawing her attention.

The clock ticked 4.00 AM in the morning. She slowly stood up and picked up the blanket. She cautiously wrapped that around Dev and started moving towards the door. Her body was giving up. She felt too weak to walk. This never happened to her before but from the day she entered into this mansion everything changed. The headache was giving her a hard time. But she was determined. She had to know what was it all about.

¤¤¤¤¤

Her white hoodie seemed not enough for the bone chilling cold outside. Her sky blue jeans was getting dirty due to the wet muddy droplets. The torch was her only companion due to the darkness outside. It was still raining slightly. But nothing could move her determination.

She allowed her legs to take her to the destination according to the primal instinct. But when she entered the woods it seemed like she knew it from ages. She started walking and the more she walked the more she kept entering into a trance. A trance that made her happy. She felt weird. She felt like running even deeper as if someone there was waiting for her from eternity.

Without thinking she started running. Although her weakness was making it real hard for her something made her ignore all these obstacles.

The sun started rising slowly. The darkness was fading away when her legs finally came to a halt. And what she saw immediately brought tears to her eyes.

A temple.
The temple.
The temple she had always dreamt of. She couldn't remember how many times she woke up and asked her father to take her to the temple she kept dreaming of. Every time her father smiled and said "someday soon."

Was it a joke? What was happening? But she knew it was not. There, stood infront of her the truth, probably for ages. And she also knew who was inside there waiting for her.

Tears kept pouring out of her eyes. She didn't bother. She wanted to to face him. She wanted answers.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Didn't I ask you to be alert?! What the hell is wrong with you guys? I can't find her anywhere. This girl wants me dead or what? This way I'll go crazy by tonight! Where did she go this time?" Dev's voice echoed through the lawn. It also helped others to wake up and come out to see what was going on. There stood Manik with his head wrapped in a white bandage, beside him was Pratima ji, who seemed way too tired with everything that kept happening around her. Then rushing in came Ritwik while putting his t-shirt on. At the very end came out Arjun, who had been informed about Teressa's health the previous night. And surprising everyone he ran straight out of the house.

¤¤¤¤¤

Her feet slowly kept moving towards the Shiv linga. The linga she knew very well. A small smile crept onto her face, although the tears forgot to stay in control. She wanted to touch it, so she started raising her hand slowly.

The temple seemed abandoned. She knew nobody entered the temple in ages. As if the Shiv linga kept waiting for her one touch. The urge to touch it increased and she finally placed her palm on the linga and her eyes closed unintentionally. She stood there for how many minutes she couldn't remember all she could recollect was a prolonged nightmare.

She couldn't breathe, neither could she open her eyes. Her body turned limp and her hand left the linga. She fell on the floor hitting her head on a sharp stone.

All she could hear was a heartwrenching cry of Dev.. no.. Aditya..

Yes, Aditya's cry.
Kneeling infront of her with folded hands, eyes filled with guilt and pain, begging,
"Kill me.. okay I'll kill myself right away. Don't punish me for nothing! Don't punish me like this.
No..! no..! Ambika.... "

All she could hear was the last breaths of Ritwik.. no .. Pratap..

Lying near the cliff, coughing blood, taking his last few breaths, looking at her with pleading eyes and whispering,

"Don't do this Ambika.. I never wanted this. I can never forgive myself for this. Please don't. "

Someone kept shaking her. Someone kept calling her name.

"Wake up Triss!"

She opened her eyes slowly, her forehead kept bleeding but that didn't matter anymore. She found someone way more important. There he was waking her up, always staying by her side silently.

Without thinking anymore she wrapped her arms around Arjun.

"Dada..!" She sobbed and Arjun wrapped one of his arms around her while rubbing her head with the other. Closing his own teary eyes he kept shaking his head in a way as if he never wanted this.

He never wanted her to find it out.