Chapter 25

Ambika was sitting on the usual rock. On her left was her brother, on her right was Aditya. "Sing it for me.." Aditya demanded. "Now? If someone.. " she tried to protest but couldn't as Ashok interrupted immediately, "no one would come Amu. We hardly get to hear you sing nowadays. We as in 'me' in particular, as you have started singing only for him lately. I feel so unimportant." He made a fake sad face and leaned back guarding his face from her view while winking at Aditya. Who in turn tried really hard to hide the smile that was forming on his lips. "It's not like that dada (brother), he just always pokes me. You know how persistent he can be." Her face showed a genuine guilt. "Trust me I was just.... kidding." Ashok bit his tongue and started laughing. "And I was just getting the right amount of entertainment out of your expression" said Aditya as they both started laughing. "Seriously Amu, get some life. Look at your face. You can't always be serious like this." Ashok said as he continued laughing. " Fine.. I am leaving then, you guys carry on." Annoyed, she tried to stand up but a rough hand pulled her back to her place. " You look pretty when you are angry. Did I ever tell you that?" Aditya said while staring at her with that contagious smile pasted on his face. "Many a times sir, I can't even keep a count on it." She crossed her hands over her chest and turned her face in annoyance.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

He hated to come here. He had lots of works left back at his office. Why did father need to bring him. All these stereotypical welcome treatments disturbed him. He has been brought up in the western culture, he never believed in these superstitions. He needed his 'me time'. The woods seemed to be the only way out. At least some random no ones will not get to ask him about his marriage. " 'Marriage'.. a bullshit! A girl, who will run after me for my money." He thought to himself.

He was liking the woods. They had a peaceful texture. He could hear a bird singing. "A bird? Has to be, obviously it can't be a human singing in these woods or can it be?" He thought to himself and started following the voice.

His gray eyes fell on the piece of nature. He could see her beautiful face, her small lips opening and closing in an attractive manner. She was sitting straight in a padmasana. The saffron saree and those rudrakhshas made her look like a deity. He could not see her eyes. They were closed. She was singing some sort of an alankar related to the Mahadev or was that some sort of a Strotam? The man sitting on her left was singing with her. There was another man on her right but he couldn't see any of their faces. He couldn't even realize that he started advancing towards them. He had never witnessed anything nearly as beautiful as her. And this voice, it was like a treat to his ears. "Who are you?" He mumbled to himself.

Suddenly the girl opened her eyes and he immediately hid himself behind a tree trunk still looking straight at her. Those husky eyes were so filled with life and her aura was so very undeniable that that made him restless from inside. A different feeling, a calmness, a sense of peace spread through his body. She turned her face and looked at the man sitting on her right, while she was still singing. She smiled at him with so much affection that it bothered him. And then tears started trailing down her cheeks.
"Tears..Tears of happiness is it? It does exist then." He mumbled to himself.
Then the man on her right suddenly pulled her towards him and placed a kiss on her forehead. It surprised him. But there was another feeling stronger than surprise and that was jealousy.

Back to the contemporary..

Triss:

God knew what was happening to me. The more I wanted to stay away from him the more he seemed to come closer. "I am sorry." He said. What bothered me was his eyes, they were filled with pain. Pain? I stood there like a statue. I knew the feeling was real and also undeniable. But he was my best friend's brother. I didn't understand when I got the courage to break the boundaries. It was way too much for me.

"I think I should go back to the guest room and... I- I am sorry too. I don't know what got into me. Sorry for reacting that way." He was not saying a word and somehow that bothered me. He stood there resting his back on the wall beside the picture, his eyes closed and with one hand in a form of a fist he was continuously beating on his temple.

"This will never happen again. I promise." I turned around to leave when he finally said with that usual coldness, "don't make a promise that you can't keep." I frowned. "What? Please don't think that low of me Dev. This happened instinctively. And I don't know why.." but I was interrupted again.

He stood up and started approaching me slowly. Immediately I started taking back my steps for obvious reasons. I just didn't want anymore trouble. But I failed as he soon towered over me and looked straight into my eyes, making me look down at his abs again.

"I can never think that low of you Teressa but I know there is a weird pull, a connection. It is inevitable. My attraction towards you is inevitable, I want you.. every bit of you. So even if you can, I can't."