Chapter 52

"And where do you think you're going?" The voice startled Dev. Turning his face he found Arjun standing right next to him with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Bringing my girl back. Bringing her back to where she belongs." He answered as precisely as possible.It was 5.00AM in the morning and both of them were standing at the end of the staircase in there sweatpants and hoodies.

"You mean forcefully." Arjun stated.

"Yes, if needed. See, I tried but it seems I've no other options, I can't let her be with anyone else even if I die. This is her home, with me, here." He said coldly looking straight ahead.

"Don't you think it will only increase the hatred she has already started to feel? Who knows she might get to be happy with someone else." Arjun said biting his lower lip, as if waiting for a particular reaction from him.

Dev snapped his head at Arjun and gave an evil sneer then narrowing his eyes he hissed, "Over my dead body".

Surprising him Arjun smiled.
"Fine. Then give me a chance. I am trying to bring her back to you Dev. But you have to stay calm. You take one wrong step and everything will be ruined." He added.

"W-what do you mean?" Dev looked at him in utter astonishment.

"Whatever you heard right now I meant exactly that. So go back to your room for today and have faith in me. She is my sister Dev, I want the best for her." He said and left. Dev stood there thinking over his words.

¤¤¤¤¤
"I called him and asked him to come down here at her place. Arjun, it should work. It has to."Manik said.

"I hope for the same Manik. I saw him leaving just a few seconds back. Right now I am off to his room. God knows, I could have done great as a thief!" He ended the call chuckling and moved towards the now empty room. Ritwik's room.

He entered the room but to his disappointment there was no trace of what he expected. He searched every where but of no use. He turned around to leave but then something struck his mind and he turned back around with a wicked smile.

¤¤¤¤¤

"See kiddo, someone's here to see you." Manik said. She was sitting on the bed looking at the ceiling, petting Bruno with her left hand, and stroking Nilu's head with the other, who was fast asleep in her lap. On the other end of the bed sat Manik and Pihu, munching on some cookies.

She didn't budge, she was drowning in her thoughts. Thoughts about the incident that took place in the woods, the nightmare she saw, and then the pleading eyes of Dev. Eyes that held so much love and passion for her. But she broke his heart, she couldn't take the risk of repeating the same history again. The thought of staying away from Dev was tearing her apart. But she had seen his ruthlessness, his merciless self. For her own desire she couldn't throw the others towards a pathetic end.

Right next to her someone cleared his throat to bring her back to reality. She looked beside her and saw the owner of the grey eyes sitting on the bed looking at her intently. She smiled at Ritwik who returned the smile.

But her smile was temporary, this face, this face reminded her of the man who did so much for her. The man who selflessly took every responsibility of her life. Who treated her like a piece of feather. His beautifully arched eyebrows, his honey brown eyes,that always showed genuine concern for her and then she recollected how the same suddenly furrowed and turned into an inhuman, possessive glare. Her heart stopped at that image.

The same man who had always been so affectionate towards her was nothing but barbaric to others.

Her eyes filled with tears. Tears, she was not aware of. If she was aware of anything that had to be the only realization that she was all consumed by that man's love, and she knew that she loved him more than she could ever imagine. She loved Dev.

"Teressa..Teressa!" Ritwik jerked her by her shoulders. She immediately felt ashamed, ashamed of the public display of her pathetic situation.

"I am so sorry, I was zoned out." She said.

"It's okay. I was about to ask you how are you.. but as it seems, you've already given me the answer." He said gesturing towards her teary eyes.

"See Teressa, if you find it difficult here I can take you and your aunt back to Kolkata, I have a house there. You can stay with your aunt, and her treatment is on me till the time you settle down properly." He added.

She looked at him with surprise. Dev had already done a lot for her and her aunt, she can't take anymore help from any of them.

"No! Please, no. I am totally okay here Ritwik. Trust me." She said hurriedly.

"You don't seem to be. Let me help you." He stated.

"But she said she is okay here Rik bhai, I think you should leave her to her decision" Manik interrupted.

But Rik kept on looking at her face. He was concerned would be an understatement. He was worried sick. A reason of worry only he knew.

He needed to seize her away before Dev could barge into her life again. This was his only chance to take her away from everyone else. He waited long enough, he waited his entire life to have her into his arms. He kept searching for her every where like a madman. And finally he settled on hating her, hating the woman who kept on disturbing his peace of mind, who kept on intruding every time he bedded someone, who kept him awake night after night. As a result he poured out all of it into his paintings. Whenever he dreamt of her he painted the same.

He loved her even without seeing her from the very front. She was the only person he treasured from his childhood. Her curly hair, her petite figure, her haunting smile and most of all the sound of her nupur dragged him deep into the hole of darkness from where he could never return.

He wanted her all to himself but Dev again beat him to it. The day he realized that history was going to repeat itself he started to drag himself out of it but failed miserably. The biggest truth of his life was sitting right infront of him. He wanted her and he knew he could go to any length to have her to himself. Even if it led to bloodshed.