13

Kitty Kat’s POV

It is Friday. The movie premier went great. But now it’s Friday. I’m at my house in my room wrapped in a towel deciding what to wear. I want to dress nice, but not a dress. I wear a pair of jeans, my white strapped heels, and my electric blue t-shirt that is glittery to the max. I wear my green Irish charm bracelet that I got when I was 6, I curl my hair slightly, and I spray some perfume. The reason I’m wearing grass green with electric blue is because it’s my good luck charm. My little hints of Irish come out when I wear it, and I think when I perform Irish, I rock. So, I’m wearing it. I hear a car horn honking outside my house. Louis. He came already. I go down the stairs as fast as I can in heels and not die, and run out the door. I’m pretty good in heels.

“Hey babe. You look nice.”

“Thanks.” I say, out of breath. I get in the front passenger seat. We drive to Harry’s house. I’ve got an hour.

“OK, so have fun.”

We get in the house, and then everyone jumps up from behind something and yells surprise. There’s a “Good Luck Kitty Kat” banner hanging up.

“Aw, thank you, guys. This means everything to me.”

“Kick off your heels and stay a while, why don’tcha?” Zayn says.

“OK. When are we leaving?”

“Thirty minutes.” Louis says.

“Eager to leave us?” Zayn says.

“You’re coming with me.”

“Oh yeah.”

We’re backstage at X Factor. I look around, and I hear a feminine voice saying my name in a questioning tone.

“Rhiannon? Where are you?” They say. I can’t put my finger on who it is.

“Hello?” I say. The guys look at me funny.

“I thought I heard someone saying my name.”

“Rhiannon? It’s Brooke. Brooke Heinrich. Remember me?” I hear her say.

I freeze. “Brooke?” I say.

“Yes.”

“Come to my voice.”

Now I’m standing in the middle of the room. My best friend since kindergarten shows up.

“Brooke!” I run up and hug her.

“Rhi! Oh my gosh I missed you! It’s been way too long!”

“I know!”

“Come on, I’m about to go on soon.”

We walk over where the boys were standing. She goes bug eyed and her jaw drops. She pulls me to the side.

“How come you never told me that you’re all buddy buddy with One Direction?!?!” She yelps.

“You changed your number!”

“Oh, yeah.”

We walk back over to them.

“Brooke, this is Niall, Liam, Zayn, Harry, and Louis. Louis, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Harry, this is Brooke.”

“Hi.” Brooke says and blushes.

“Hello.” Niall says. Everyone afterward says hello. Niall beat them to it.

“Ms. Bloom?”

The person who leads me onstage tells me to come back out this way. I nod, then she ushers me onstage. I’m only slightly nervous.

“Hello Rhiannon.” Simon says.