26

Chapter 26

*Next day! FINALS RESULTS!*

Kitty Kat’s POV

 I feel so inappropriate with the outfit I’m being made to wear. It’s like, shorts that show the bottom part of my…butt…let’s just say, and a pink spaghetti strap tank top that’s tucked into the shorts. I’m also wearing sandals where the heel is solid and runs up to the knoby part of my ankle. You know? But the straps are white and there’s a solid part from in between my big toe and the first small toe, which the straps connect to both solid pieces. This is hard to explain. Oh well.

Justin sees me and I feel really uncomfortable. He’s wearing a white muscle shirt, cargo pants, and men’s sandals.

“I feel so exposed.” I say, cringing.

“I do too. I’m not really used to this because I’m still used to the cold English weather.”

“I would be too.”

“Guys, time to go on stage.” Simon appears. “You ready?”

“Yes, but why these shorts? I feel so wrong and feel even wronger because I have a boyfriend.”

“Wronger’s not a word, honey.” Simon treats me like I’m his little girl. But we’re so much alike. You can find me speaking in a British accent a lot of the time.

“Let’s just go.” I roll my eyes.

The wall opens as our names our announced. Simon soon abandons us after a reassuring hug to Justin and a kiss on the hand to me. It’s an over 25 year old named Dave who is a plumber, but he doesn’t look like he can sing but he made me nervous for the competition, and he still does, Justin, my best friend, and me. All of the girls left except for me.

“We are now going to announce the third place winner of this year’s X Factor final results. In third place we have…”

X Factor music starts playing and Justin and I are now holding onto each other for dear life.

“…DAVE SANDERS! CONGRATULATIONS DAVE!”

There’s an uproar of applause as Dave walks over, kisses me on the cheek, then dude-hugs Justin.

“Now, the winner of this year’s X Factor is…”

AGAIN WITH THE MUSIC! Justin hugs me tighter as he wipes tears off my face. I can’t help but cry. I’m nervous as crap here people.

“RHIANNON BLOOM! CONGRATULATIONS!”

This is the most un-lady like thing to do in this type of situation and clothing, but I slide out of Justin’s grasp and fall to the floor crying. He hugs me on the ground and helps me back up. Smart people put waterproof make-up on me or else I’d probably look like a drunken person who just got laid. At least I look decent.

“Rhiannon, how do you feel?”

I wipe the tears from my eyes and continue.

“Th-this is…just…so amazing! I-I can’t describe how happy I am!” I turn and bury my head in Justin’s shoulder. It’s just so AMAZING! I WON!

“Justin, how do you feel?”

“I think I’m happier than I would be if I won. She deserves this more than the world. She’s beautiful, talented, smart, funny, and major sass-masta if you’ve ever watched the X Factor behind the scenes videos. She’s been my best friend, no, my sister throughout this competition, and I couldn’t be happier.”

“That is so sweet of you.”

The judges come up on stage and I run to Simon.

“Thank you. Thank you for giving me the chance to start over.”