12

Chapter 12

Harry and I are standing at the airport. My X Factor audition is this Friday, and they boys are coming today. I’m sad that I haven’t found them yet, but happy that they’re here. I think I see and blonde head that looks like Niall’s head, but I don’t jump to conclusions because there are imposters out there. Then I hear an Irish laugh.

“Harry, I think I’m going crazy. I think I just heard Niall laughing.” I turn towards Harry.

“I don’t know. I didn’t hear anything.”

I feel two hands cover my eyes and mouth, and I scream, well, muffled screaming. I feel someone breathing on the left side of my head.

“Guess who?” Louis whispers. I whip around, and the smile on my face could blind the sun. I jump into his arms and he spins me around.

“That was the longest two months of my life.” I mutter as I cry lightly into his shirt.

“Don’t cry. I’m here now.”

“Guess what?”

“What?”

“You’re wearing my favourite shirt.”

“Oh, I am?”

“Yes. I love that shirt for some reason. I don’t know why. But I’m so happy you’re here!”

“Well, enough about me. How’d the rest of the movie go?”

“Perfectly. Thank the Lord there’s no second movie or anything. That stuff is tiring.”

“Well, you could be signed up to Syco records in the UK and Columbia records here in the U.S. Or something like that. I don’t know.”

“You’re so cute.”

“You’re cuter.”

He kisses my cheek, and despite how much I actually want to kiss him, I can’t. We need to leave.

We get into the van, and we ride to Harry’s house.

“OK, guys, I need help.” I admit in defeat.

“With what, babe?” Louis says.

“I want The X Factor to feel more…I don’t know…ALIVE to me. Like…”

“What she’s trying to get out is ‘Can you four pretend to be the judges for her first three quote unquote auditions’.” Harry says for me.

“Oh, sure!” Niall says.

“Great! Thanks guys.” I say.

“No problem. Anything for you. We’re six birds of a feather.”

“That’s funny. Cher Lloyd/Becky G moment there?”

“I take it you listened to Oath?”

“Gasp! Cher Lloyd is British Queen in the music department!” I say. Then I smile and laugh at some old memories from middle school.

“What’s so funny?” Liam asks.

“OK, um…This is not funny, and it is at the same time. I’m really really REALLY sorry, Li. So, when eh and eh, ya know, eh, I didn’t think it was true.” I say, using my hands as Liam and Dani. “So, I said ‘The day Liam and Dani breaks up will be the day I become Queen of England.’ So then my friend would call me the Queen, and I made a joke shortly after you met the Queen about how I don’t recall meeting you.”

“Rhi, it’s fine. I’ve gotten over Danielle by now. K?”

“OK Liam. I wasn’t sure. I legit cried when I heard.”