24

Chapter 24

*Semi-finals*

Kitty Kat’s POV

Brooke left after the first live shows, and I’ve actually bounced to first place, three times in a row. I’m fighting with Justin for first, which sucks, but it rocks at the same time. Louis and I are still going strong, and Niall is keeping in touch with Brooke. It’s the semi-finals and I’m singing Firework by Katy Perry. It’s a song I’ve always loved.

------------------after the show of semi-finals-----------------------------

“Congrats babe!” Louis comes up to me and kisses me on the cheek.

“Thanks!” I kiss him back.

“Rhi.” Harry grabs my shoulders and stands me in front of him. Everyone is taken aback by this motion.

“You have made it so far, and we all know you’re an amazing singer, but we didn’t think you’d come this far. You’re at the semi-finals. Land of the free. Home of the brave. You make it through to finals, we’ll be proud. You win this thing, we’ll be proud. We will try as extremely hard as possible, is you put forth the effort, to stay with you through everything. That paparazzi are annoying, yes, but just keep your head up and stick your middle finger in the air like you just don’t care to your haters. Louis loves you with all of his heart. He confessed this to us while you were asleep the other night when you stayed at your place. He said that if he were to ever lose you, God forbid, he would die trying to get you back. We all love you like a sister or a best friend, because you are. You’ve met our families faster than any of our girlfriends ever have. We all love you.” Harry lectures me with tears streaming down both of our faces. Good thing I’m wearing waterproof make-up. I hug him and he hugs me back. Then it elopes into a group hug. We all hug each other, boys hugging boys as well.

“I’m going to win this, for you.”

I walk into my dressing room after I say this.

------------------next day at semi-finals results *gasp* I’m nervous. Are you? ;) ------------------------

“OK, we’ve had Justin go through to finals. Our second finalist is…RHIANNON! Good job, dear.”

I walk backstage all professional like, then squeal and hug Justin.

“I knew you’d make it through.”

“Now, who?”

“You.”

“Not me. You.”

“Rhi, stop. You’re talented, smart, funny, beautiful, and Louis is a very lucky lad. If you two weren’t dating, I would ask you to do the honours of being my girlfriend. But you are, and I respect that. I care about you, and I swear you will win. Now, take a picture of me?” He puts on a sign that says “Vote for Rhiannon in the finals! 1 855 843 9006!” (A/N: I can’t remember the last four digits of the X Factor voting number. Please, do not call this number. I will virtually slap you if you do.)

“Only if you take one of me!” I slip on a sign that says the same thing except his number is 1 855 843 9003.

“OK. Do it at the same time?”

“OK.”

“1,2,3!”

We flash at the same time, and we look at them.

“Don’t we look sexy?!” Justin says.

“Yes, we are some very sexy people.” I agree. We take off the signs.

“OK, we both post our pictures of each other on Wednesday before the shows.”

“K.” We hug and go to the contestant’s houses.