𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

Like today she thought, sighing as she fixed her grip on her blue umbrella.

Today, neither of her friend's mothers were able to drive her home, including Emma, because of her own mistake.

Belle likes spending her time in the library, she forgets the day and the weather, so now she's alone without Emma beside her.

Emma's mom had picked her up early to take her to a doctor's appointment in the city, while Jake hadn't been at school for the entire week, the Harley's went to New York about their new renovation home.

Belle's parents were at work as well, and, of course she'd missed the bus that could drive her home.

She stumbled again, her feet hurting in the heels that Emma had insisted she wore suddenly. She hated heels and now this happened to her today.

Emma had insisted that Belle wore something specific, which was how she found herself in a purple halter top that she'd mostly hidden underneath her pink sweater, dark jean mini skirt that was just the right length for school, and two inch heeled boots, basically, her clothes would have been more at place at a party, not school.

She was slightly glad that there was no homework this weekend, having worked on it in the library. It would have sucked if she had to carry a book-filled backpack after missing the bus in this heavy rain, and while she lived pretty far from the school, the distance was still walkable- she'd done it before, after all.

So, with that thought in mind, she'd set off not noticing that she was being watched by someone.

Unfortunately, being alone like this meant that her mind wasn't distracted by something else, and she eventually stopped, pulling out her ear buds and pressing play on her phone to have something to distract her before continuing the walk once more, wishing, after stumbling for another few blocks, that someone would drive by and offer her a ride home.

Not that she would hear it, though, playing the music loud like she was. The person would have to honk their horn rather closely to get her attention, which was why she didn't hear the car pull to a stop behind her.

"Ow". she said, frowning as she looked down at her foot, seeing that the thin heel had snapped.

I'm never going to forgive Emma for this. I'm gonna kill her!!

She sighed, frowning as she thought about how she was going to walk. She already knew from personal experience that it would be hell walking in the shoes, and she wondered if it would be worth stripping them and her socks off or not.

Before she could decide, she left a hand touching her shoulder, as well as a rather muffled call of her name.

"Oh, sor-" she started, turning around while taking her ear buds out.

The words she was about to say died in her throat as she turned to see who it was that had come up behind her, her face pailing as she realized that it was Gibson.

Her mouth moved up and down as she tried to think of something to say. She begged her feet to move, but they didn't seem to want to.

"Belle?" he said conversationally. "Do you need a ride home?"

Her mouth continued to open and shut, her voice stuck in her throat. She was shaking and backed up away from him, almost toppling over from not being quite well balanced.

"No. S-st-st-stay away from me!" She stuttered while backing up, her voice quivering with fear. Why should I fear him? idiot, slapped the side of her head. "You? back OFF!"

He didn't listen, reaching out and pulling her to him before she could call to the ground. "Careful". he said. "I don't think it's quite safe for you to walk home. Come on, I'll give you a ride home".