𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Belle leaned her body quietly on a chair. The place is very stressful for her, screaming and laughing. She was invited by her childhood best friend to attend her birthday party.

She never liked a birthday party. She sits four tables away from that happiness, she wishes it was over right now but no. The party still continues.

Minute later. The birthday girl ran toward her table with two slices of cake in her hand. She dragged the chair, taking a seat silently beside Belle, she said.

"Happy birthday to me". She smiled, laid the plate on the table. "I know you hate birthday parties but you must come because it's my birthday and you are my special dessert delight".

Belle stares at her. "Special dessert delight? funny. And yes happy birthday to my delicious steak Emma". her eyes on her. "Thank you for knowing what I hated. I never like birthday parties".

"I know. But thank you for the cake even if you don't like it you still buy it. Here..." she pushed the plate. "It's good. Blueberry chocolate. You know what my favorite is''. She smiled., cutting the cake for Belle with a spoon. "So, where are you heading after this?"

Belle shrugged. Emma spoke back. "I can't invite everyone except for one person without social networking evidence inflicting more pain on that person than was intended and I'm not a monster".

"I was a bit tired last night".

Emma snorted. "Because you're working at night. The diners, with lots of customers, will come over. We are just sixteen years old, Belle. Our body is still an infant stuck inside this teenage body. That's what we are, you should have fun and boys beside working. Don't be so antisocial".

"I don't like having fun but thanks for that mocking".

She took a bite of cake and savored it. "Damn, Never knew this cake would taste better than I wasn't expected". Belle looked up. She knows that she already hurt the birthday girl's feelings.

She reached Emma's hand with a smile. "We're going shopping sweetheart. I already called the uber and let's get our ass out of here before I start working tonight". Emma's face lights up. "What about we're going to your favorite clothes shop".

"Let's go bitch!"

Later in the evening. Belle pushed the door as she walked half inside the diners. She stopped, her eyes staring inside the diner. The diners are fully packed with people, the kids running inside, one crying. The adult.. talking, laughing, loud and the kids on the floor.

Ewww ... disgusting!

"BELLE..!!"

Belle looks around as she hears someone calling out her name through the crowd. Her eyes found a girl waving at her. Belle waved back at the girl, she saw the girl jumping up and down to make sure Belle noticed the girl was waving at her.

"USED THE BACK DOOR..!" screamed the girl.

Belle hurried out, running toward the back door. The same girl opened the door for Belle. They two snickering for no reason. "Gladly you made it. Oh my GOD! today is like a crazy day since noon".

"Too crowded. What just happened? did Jonah launch a new menu".

"I think not. There's nothing special on the menu today nor other days. Oh, well. Come meet the others". Belle blinked. The girl kept pushing Belle inside the kitchen. "Jonah hired more workers this morning".

"Because of that". The girl kept urging Belle inside and.. "Listen up, guys". she clapped. Everyone is paying attention to the girl. "New crew, this is Belle and Belle this is our new crew". Belle says hello to the new crew.

The new crew greet Belle with a smile. "You better get changed now Belle. It's mad out there".

Past midnight. Later. The diners finally closed for good. The crew slammed their tired body on the chair, exhaling and breathing. Inside the diners the lights are dim. They were totally tired.

Finally Belle can close her eyes as her mind thinks how she will wake up for the next morning. Tomorrow is school day. "I cannot reach my arse seriously I can't". said one of the crew.

"Me neither. How can I drive? my body barely cooperates with me. My whole body is killing me". They started to share their thoughts. "One family serves with ten or twenty each food on the menu they order. What kind are they.. monster".

Grunting. The elderly chef's name, Frank Minnesota. Frank has been working in these diners for almost twelve years. Frank likes his job but today he kindly loses his hope for this maniac.

"I think I'll sleep in here. Don't bother me".

As the time shows one-thirty in the morning. Belle walked upstairs, quickly Belle taking her shower then jumped on the bed. Breathing. Her face pacing up the empty ceiling and her mind is blowing.

"What a night". she said before her eyes slowly closing until something had bothered her sleep. She jumped from her bed. "What the hell was that!?"

Her eyes wide open as the sound someone makes. She is trying to sleep in here, what kind of disturbing sound she hears beside the house.

Growling.

Belle jumped off the bed as the noise still could be heard in her ears. She walked toward the window room, roughly sliding the curtains open and saw one of the rooms on the second floor still on the light.

She remembers the house next door is empty as the previous owner moved to Europe. Didn't she know there would be a new neighbor coming this late night. Of course she hears the rumor but that doesn't mean tonight.

And the new neighbor is here making such an annoying noise while she is trying to sleep.

"Fucker!" She jumped back on the bed again and tried to get to sleep. THUD! her eyes widened again. "What the fuck!"

Loud thud can be heard from her bedroom. She jumped off the bed again then stood in front of the window. Her anger now rises without limit, there's a man just walking past the house, at the back of the car then back to the house.

What the fuck is he doing?

Her eyes studied the man. Even under this dimp light she can see the shadows of this man. Masculine or whatsoever. Oh, who cares anyway. Belle barely sees his face at night, whomever she thought.

Finally he entered the house, straight to the second floor whereas the same room was lit.

Belle watches him behind the curtain, afraid the man will notice her stalking him at night. The man hasn't switched the light off, though he's gonna sleep but no. Something he does late tonight.

Just go to sleep will ya?

She looked at the window again. Damn! The man suddenly stood at the window, Belle ducking her down. She takes a peek and the man is still there staring at her own window room. He probably noticed her earlier or just didn't bother.

The curtain saved her life. Shielding her from the man. She then crawled back toward the bed. Just ignore it, Belle. Now she can sleep in peace. The man stopped making a sound, he maybe knew why she was there because of the sound he had made. Not just her, probably the whole neighborhood will get mad at him if he continues to make another annoying sound from the house.

Belle closes her eyes with a smile. Didn't she know the man was smiling up at her window room. She must get to sleep now or never or else tomorrow is gonna be a sleepy day in the classroom.