𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Hospital. Room 10. Both Belle and Emma went to visit Jake there. He was alone as the girls arrived, his mother was nowhere to be seen.

Belle dragged the chair and seat beside his bed. Emma circling around the room where people are giving him well wishes balloons and gifts.

Jake was half asleep, and soon he saw Belle entering the room. Belle reaches his hand, he kisses it.

"How are you doing Belle?" he asked in a lower voice. She couldn't bear to see him like this, almost everything was broken. "I am fine. Don't worry".

Shake head. "You are not fine Jake. It's like you were hit by a truck (cried) you could be killed last night". she wiped her tears. "What happened? do you know who did this to you".

Emma took a seat beside Belle. She spoke. "Yeah. You broke everything you had inside. And you are still alive after the attack". Jake eyed Emma. "That's what your girlfriend thought. Someone did".

"I don't really remember at all. All I knew was we won the soccer match. The team celebrated. I did not and went home. I took the subway and suddenly it felt weird. I do feel someone follows from behind and the next thing I know.. end up on this bed".

Pursed lips. Emma said. "Good to know. The thing is..? can you move". Jake looked down, and studied his own body.

"Maybe or not. I don't know, I feel hurt if I move a bit or so fast. I can feel my bones being crushed into pieces from the inside".

Belle gives Jake a fake smile, she leans the kiss side of his head. "I really need that". he smiled. "Like I told my mom I must have slipped".

Emma snorts. Belle didn't say anything, all she wants is Jake to be safe from harm. Damn you Gibson!

"So how's school?" ask him.

"You're still thinking about school while you're laying flat on this bed!"

Belle pinch his arm, not hurt that much.

"Think about yourself first, will you". he nodded weakly. "You didn't slip. I believe what I believe. It was Mr. Gibson".

Emma rolls her eyes, push the chair. "Oh my God. Here she goes again". She went out of the room leaving Belle and Jake alone inside. "You guys need a vendor machine here. Oh I see that coming!" Then she ran to nowhere.

The couple watch. "I do Jake".

"Belle?"

"NO! It was him. I knew it was him, he threatened you did he? This is just beginning Jake, he will do worse than this".

Jake couldn't say anything. Emma enters the room again, this time she walks toward the window. Harshly she slid the curtains open, Jake's eyes burnt.. hissing.

"What? it's just the window you need, the sun". She smiled. "Isn't the sun too va-va-voomish to you Belle?"

Belle couldn't say anything either. Emma sighs. "You two couples are so weird!" he nodded.

"Thank you for killing me with the sun, Emma. I think my mom shut the curtains off so I can sleep peacefully. I heard she went to the cafeteria down there".

Jake closed his eyes a bit. Belle stares at him. "Does it hurt Jake?" he nodded again. "I am so sorry. This is all because of me.. he wouldn't..."

"Belle?" he spoke without opening his eyes. Reach her hand, grab it tightly. "This wasn't your fault, none of us are. This is just a mistake, my mistake. I don't realize where I walk all that".

You don't know anything about Gibson. He will do anything that includes killing. He will get me.

"You can't go to school like this". Jake's mom suddenly shows up, entering the room. "Mrs Harley".