chapter 8

"I'm fading away slowly and you aren't even noticing"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There was a long bridge and it was very scary to pass through it.

I was scared to walk over the bridge which stood before me.

Right then, far away. I saw him, smiling.

His smile gave me the courage to walk over the bridge and that courage will bring him to me.

We walked slowly.

On the way, Savi learnt that I have a crush on Abe. Then, she doesn't really get welled with me.

"Even me, I do admired him a lot but I give him to you. Physically he was never mine, he never belonged to me but as my crush. I am one-sided love and he's yours" Savi said it to me.

I was so excited.

We crossed the bridge and there was a light refreshment.

At the very moment, everyone was busy. So was his cousin sister, Jemi.

Then I saw him, preparing the food for everyone, cleaning the chicken.

I was on cloud nine, just by seeing him.

I can see a picture of him as a good chef.

I got a refreshment and I planned to give him his refreshment but I got no guts because many girls admires him.

However I took some cookies and a tea and I gave it to Jemi.

"Can you please give this to Abe and tell him that I gave it to him" I plead Jemi  with a tea.

She happily did with what I've said to her.

Far away, I saw him smiling and mouthed 'thank you' to me.

How can I not fall for such a boy like him, who was so grateful ? He always appreciate others.

We completed our refreshment and we are on the process of cooking.

Jemi and I prepared green vegetables and we discuss about Abe.

"We were real cousin brother and sister. When he was a kid, we used to sleep together" Jemi told me.

I was envious of her now. I'm getting a little jealousy in my heart.

We finished our discussion, our work.

After cooking, we got some free time. I searched for him to get his photos. My plan for picnic was only to get a photograph with him.

At last, I saw him sitting with his friends. I called Apong to click a photo together.

It was a second time and yet I don't have a confidence. As Apong called, he agreed and came. We clicked photos together.

No one will know or understand how happy I am right now.

My long dream was accomplished.

Savi and Apong wanted a single pic with him as their ex-crush.

They took it together.

"Maintain one arm distance" I joked.

I gave them only one shot.

"Okay, enough" I stated.

"So conservative for your crush" They said jokingly in unison.

We roamed together, no words, took photos together but we didn't talk.

Food time!

We gathered together for food. We placed our food on a banana leaves, to eat together.

Apong, sat on my opposite side.

Abe's crush also came to the picnic.

I was a little upset.

He must be feeling the same as me for his crush. I told to my subconscious.

We started digging on our food. Apong and I glanced at each other searching for Abe.

Like a giraffe, I stretch my neck and look on my left. As I turned, he turned too, we gave an eye to eye contact.

He mouthed 'eat well'.

Excited!!!!!

Right then, Apong saw us mouthing to each other, and she chuckled softly.

We completed our food.

Everyone started packing to return.

As I was washing the dishes, I saw him  walking across the bridge to go to the bus.

He's leaving very early, leaving me behind. I wish he waited for me.
I told to myself.

I finished my work.

We were the last person to go.
Again, we were scared. Some friends standing on the bridge, teasing the girls, the girls started screaming. To tell the truth, some of male friends were not sober.

When I looked at the corner, there was a bamboo groves and I saw him standing there.

After leaving early, I didn't expect him to be standing there.

At once, my fear was gone at the sight of him.

Those monkey friends we're shaking the bridge but I could still walk over the bridge without any fear.